The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox Changes  (Read 48296 times)
KG7WBW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »

All of the important extensions (NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, and UBlock Origin) for Firefox 57 have been updated.

73!

KG7WBW
Jade Shain
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »

All of the important extensions (NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, and UBlock Origin) for Firefox 57 have been updated.

73!

KG7WBW
Jade Shain

Anybody having problems with some live streaming, not all of them, in Firefox?

The problematic ones work fine in Waterfox, a Firefox fork, and Chrome.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:12 AM »

My Galaxy S 10.5" tablet has been very laggy and slow in recent weeks. Today I couldn't handle it anymore so I looked at rolling back android, getting a new tablet, etc then I compared all the browsers. Opera Mini works just quite well. Problems gone... The problems were with Chrome and Firefox. I tried Opera on my laptop just now and it's faster by a noticeable margin. It doesn't work well on my Edge 7 phone but whatever... Firefox always seemed to offer far more than it delivered and now that Chrome is too big to fail, and probably all those introverty geniuses at Alphabet don't want to halt their careers with the title of sustaining engineer, it won't ever catch up to the little guys.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »

My Galaxy S 10.5" tablet has been very laggy and slow in recent weeks. Today I couldn't handle it anymore so I looked at rolling back android, getting a new tablet, etc then I compared all the browsers. Opera Mini works just quite well. Problems gone... The problems were with Chrome and Firefox. I tried Opera on my laptop just now and it's faster by a noticeable margin. It doesn't work well on my Edge 7 phone but whatever... Firefox always seemed to offer far more than it delivered and now that Chrome is too big to fail, and probably all those introverty geniuses at Alphabet don't want to halt their careers with the title of sustaining engineer, it won't ever catch up to the little guys.

Sounds like we are on the same wavelength.  Grin

I installed Opera on my PC last Wednesday. Very pleased so far. No problems with streaming, and very fast. The fastest of all the browsers I tried.

The very nice feature that others don't have, is the free unlimited VPN built-in. I have been streaming HD video to test, and it works perfectly.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2018, 07:54:26 PM »

I forgot about the VPN! I asked Google "what's my ip address" and for the first time it's in the IPv6 format, crazy... Those other browsers had me convinced that my tablet, wonderful in it's own right, was hopelessly out of date...

G4LJW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2018, 04:58:30 AM »

Another browser option to consider is Vivaldi:

https://vivaldi.com

Cheers,

Jon.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2018, 01:31:23 PM »

Back to Chrome... It integrates with my password manager best of all the few browsers that do that at all

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: