The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX ENGINEERING The ONLY Dealer I Will Deal With  (Read 21248 times)
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 09:12:09 AM »

In December I bought an ACOM 2100 from DXE.   At the  time I saw that HRO had this item on sale and I called DXE and asked if they would price match.  They did and I saved $400.  I have ordered items from DXE in the past and was happy even if the item was a few dollars more than some other vendor.  I don't know if they will price match on other big ticket items but it may be worth your while to call.
Art
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:21 AM »

Their prices on some transceivers are high.

Why should someone have to play the price-matching game, just to get a radio for the price offered by other retailers?

These enthusiastic company reviews come across as odd...

Do you live in a cave, out of touch with the times? Retail is a one-upsmanship game when it comes to pricing. The "price-matching" game is a reality in today's market. You have to get off your ass and do your due diligence/research if you want the best price. The retailer won't do it for you all the time, as prices can change daily. You snooze, you lose.

A couple of years ago, HRO had the Acom 1500 on a Xmas sale for $500 less, and DXE matched it for me...no problem. Free shipping, and I also saved almost $300 in sales tax, as HRO is local here. Nothing wrong with HRO, but I saved a lot of money, and DXE does in-house repair on Acom if needed.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »

Most places will price match, some won't.  I tend to shop at the ones that do, and in 90% of the cases, it is DXEngineering...

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »

Why should someone have to play the price-matching game, just to get a radio for the price offered by other retailers?

Do you live in a cave, out of touch with the times? Retail is a one-upsmanship game when it comes to pricing. The "price-matching" game is a reality in today's market. You have to get off your ass and do your due diligence/research if you want the best price. The retailer won't do it for you all the time, as prices can change daily. You snooze, you lose.

A couple of years ago, HRO had the Acom 1500 on a Xmas sale for $500 less, and DXE matched it for me...no problem. Free shipping, and I also saved almost $300 in sales tax, as HRO is local here. Nothing wrong with HRO, but I saved a lot of money, and DXE does in-house repair on Acom if needed.

How about they price their wares competitively from the start?

Reminds me of the now defunct AES, everything was priced higher than the others. Even if it was a $15 accessory.

You seem to have missed my point. I choose to take my business elsewhere.
I have no interest in asking for a price match, when every other retailer is already offering said price.

Seems DXE is priced high, in hopes of the rare/timid bird that will pay their price without question.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:29:01 PM by SOFAR » Logged
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »

Reminds me of the now defunct AES, everything was priced higher than the others. Even if it was a $15 accessory.

I have no interest in asking for a price match, when every other retailer is already offering said price.

Seems DXE is priced high, in hopes of the rare/timid bird that will pay their price without question.

I can't agree with your point. As I said...you snooze, you lose. In the past, I worked for a major electronics retailer that did everything in their power to "shop the competition", making sure our price was the same or lower than theirs. Sometimes the process fell through the cracks and we missed something, as prices could change daily. That's the whole purpose of a price-matching policy...to ensure that if a customer saw it somewhere else cheaper, they'd be taken care of regardless.

In the case of ham radio transceivers from the big three, the manufacturers mandate that all vendors they have a supply contract with post/advertise the same price (MAP...Minimum Advertised Price), and violation of it could cut off the supply. Try buying a (current) Bose product cheaper (a "fair trade" product). Occasionally, a manufacturer can allow a temporary sale on something. But sometimes vendors don't react immediately with advertising the new price. Again, the purpose of price-matching. I've seen DXE react a day or two later in matching a lower MAP from another vendor on their website. It doesn't mean they won't honor a lower price seen elsewhere. The same thing could happen to HRO, or Gigaparts, etc. Nothing's perfect.

In today's world, if you don't do your own price shopping beforehand, you're doing yourself a disservice. If you saw that you could also save a bunch of sales tax by "asking for a price-match", you wouldn't do that? Is that your "point"?   

W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 06:50:15 AM »

Hi,

First off, where the topic is about your choice of Dealer, I see no need to be anonymous.  Whenever there  is an anonymous post about a, product, dealer or manufacturer. I must question the authenticity and motives of the person making the post or lecture.  If he/she is truly writing an unbiased post, why is anonymity necessary?  

John W5JON    
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:03:35 AM by W5JON » Logged
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:25 AM »

Obviously the owner of this reflector likes the controversy generated by anonymous posters otherwise he would not allow them.
Art
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »

Hi,

I just called DXEngineering and spoke with "Rod", my requirement was the  aluminum tubing required to build a 31 foot vertical with a 2 inch bottom section, and the hose clamps. Additionally each tube could not be longer the 3 feet so I could fly them as baggage to my V47JA, St Kitts QTH.  Within four minutes, Rod had calculated the 13 x 3 foot, split end aluminum tubes needed, to give proper "overlap", and the two packages of hose clamps required, all to be shipped TODAY.  I know of no other amateur radio dealer that could have given this service, expertise, and immediate shipping.  And no, I have no financial interest in DXE, just a long time very satisfied customer.  

John  W5JON - V47JA  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:43:07 AM by W5JON » Logged
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »

And if you are outside of the USA, DXENGINEERING is the only company to deal with. They are very professional. They wont put 1 resistor in  box and ship it for 150 US dollars via DHL. They have a superb  and fair shipping service. Amazing how dumb and lazy other businesses are when it comes to dealing with overseas customers. They make their own rules for international trade and put every impediment in  your way to ordering. Amazing how many just refuse to send a spare out from the USA stating US National security laws and other BS excuses for being lousy and lazy business people.

DXENGINEERING deserves their success for being smart and professional business people that know how to do things right. Even something like ordering a 40 meter yagi is as easy as ordering a book from them. Dont try this with any other ham  retailer, its more of a nightmare.

Spend your money with professionals who understand shipping and modern professional business practices not a business that  are still stuck  in the caveman era. Like one ham seller  that said "I dont deal with foreign commie countries" Which I dont live in, amazing the stupidity that is still around in the modern age. Then there is a breath of fresh air like DX'engineering that is a winner.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 05:49:17 AM »

Like one ham seller  that said "I dont deal with foreign commie countries"

I call BS on this one.  Name the company, or it diidn't happen.  Typical Zenki post.

Yes, DX Engineering is great.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 01:55:37 AM »

One person's best is another person's worst. It's a funny thing that they call "personal opinion". And its just like some body parts, everyone has one. Whether it is right or wrong to others really doesn't matter. It is simply...theirs. Or in this post, mine.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »

Wink
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 01:49:49 AM »

I made my first purchase from DXE. I bought an antenna analyzer. I checked around and DXE had the best price (by a few cents). It was in my hands literally 2 days later. A good price, no S&H charges, no tax, and good service equals a happy customer. Granted this was one purchase, but a great start. I didn't realize all the stuff they carry until I flipped through their catalog.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018, 03:26:48 AM »

I've purchased product from HRO, R&L, Connect Systems, and DX Engineering in the past. All three have been great to deal with and offer excellent service and support. I would never just deal with one vendor. I do find all these glowing posts about DX Engineering rather odd.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2018, 03:33:30 AM »

I've purchased product from HRO, R&L, Connect Systems, and DX Engineering in the past. All three have been great to deal with and offer excellent service and support. I would never just deal with one vendor. I do find all these glowing posts about DX Engineering rather odd.

Odd? They have happy customers that are willing to state they are happy, and that's odd?

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: