The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX ENGINEERING The ONLY Dealer I Will Deal With  (Read 21286 times)
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2018, 03:46:19 AM »

I've purchased product from HRO, R&L, Connect Systems, and DX Engineering in the past. All three have been great to deal with and offer excellent service and support. I would never just deal with one vendor. I do find all these glowing posts about DX Engineering rather odd.

Odd? They have happy customers that are willing to state they are happy, and that's odd?

Yes, such enthusiastic reviews lead one to think there might be 'an incentive' for a positive review.
<cough>free t-shirt<cough>  Wink
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2018, 05:59:18 AM »

I've purchased product from HRO, R&L, Connect Systems, and DX Engineering in the past. All three have been great to deal with and offer excellent service and support. I would never just deal with one vendor. I do find all these glowing posts about DX Engineering rather odd.

Odd? They have happy customers that are willing to state they are happy, and that's odd?

Yes, such enthusiastic reviews lead one to think there might be 'an incentive' for a positive review.

LOL Well in full disclosure, I did get a free hat with my first order about 6 years ago.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:48 AM »

I started this thread so here is my reply to the cynics.

I have been in the hobby for going on 36 years and have all the equipment and more than I can use. If I ever need something it's for replacement of old broken gear. DX E offers what I would ever need and a lot more. I have dealt with just about every vendor in this country over the years. DX E is close to me so it's the fastest service as well.

DX E sure as hell isn't paying me anything! I wrote that after HRO really pissed me off. Spending THOUSANDS at HRO doesn't make one immune to being treated badly. DX E was a sometimes vendor for me, then HRO's attitude from the very top down changed that. They think they are the only game in town when vendors like DX E will eat their lunch one day if their attitude doesn't change. FACT. Write it down.

So now all you Prison Planet/Info Wars listeners can wake up.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2018, 09:00:01 AM »

LOL Well in full disclosure, I did get a free hat with my first order about 6 years ago.

Wait a minute....I didn't get a hat......where's my hat?HuhHuh    hahaha
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2018, 12:04:18 PM »

<cough>free t-shirt<cough>  Wink

And "SOFAR" as an anonymous poster, how do I (we) know that you are not receiving "an incentive" to post negative reviews about the competition. <cough><cough>

As I said previously, whenever there  is an anonymous post about a, product, dealer or manufacturer. I must question the authenticity and motives of the person making the post.  If he/she is truly writing an unbiased post, why is anonymity necessary?  

John W5JON    
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:15:45 PM by W5JON » Logged
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 11:41:47 AM »

As I said previously, whenever there  is an anonymous post about a, product, dealer or manufacturer. I must question the authenticity and motives of the person making the post.  If he/she is truly writing an unbiased post, why is anonymity necessary?  

John W5JON    

Yep. Agree 100%
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »

Or just helping other Hams make informed choices.  You know, looking out for your fellow Ham was once an essential part of being one, but I guess that wasn't taught in the class of 2014.

J.D. Mitchell BA  - VK3BL / XU7AGA - https://www.youtube.com/ratemyradio - Honesty & Integrity
K0TCH

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »

I have never dealt with DX Engineering but I have bought from MFJ and Ameritron. I have also bought from Ford and GMC AND CHEVROLET. Had a bit of trouble with all but they WARRANTIED IT. I understand you being mad because something broke when you needed it at that moment but JEZZZ calm down you are going to have a stroke!. Ameritron is a pretty good company for my money and like others have said and listed their purchases everything was still working or was warrantied and works now with NO further problems. So calm down a bit it will be alright.
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're lucky.  All I got was a catalog and some DXE oval stickers!
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 05:15:42 AM »

You're lucky.  All I got was a catalog and some DXE oval stickers!

How many do you want?   For postage, I'll send you a few.   They are brand new, never worn.  I don't wear baseball hats. 

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 09:16:32 AM »

I have had very good luck with DX Engineering... 

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: