The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcomer Ministry shutting down on January 1  (Read 15802 times)
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »

I too noticed they're still running his past BCs even when they said they would discontinue him on SW as well. I guess they meant his live BCs. He seems to be every bit as present in the bands as when he got popped.

Not a ham, but an avid hobbyist in HF world. All things, short of transmit happen in this shack.
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 02:36:12 PM »

They're talking about the hundreds of paramilitary, cops/swats crashing Stair's compound last Monday now on 9980kHz. Time now is 2236UTC. This guy's saying how old folks in wheel chairs and walkers had guns pointed at them during the raid.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 02:42:04 PM by HFCRUSR » Logged

Not a ham, but an avid hobbyist in HF world. All things, short of transmit happen in this shack.
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »

There were children at the compound as well.
 No recent Walterboro news on a Google search, except for a couple of local meth labs busted in December.
  Prayers sent.
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »

Thanks for correcting that. You're also right about WTWW's erratic thing lately. But when they get past the Christmas music marathon and back to their regular stuff they're pretty good. I myself listen to WRMI on 9455kHz most every night to fall asleep as they are pretty solid into Norcal.
I just wanted Carl to know as I figured he doesn't hang in the BC bands much.

Thanks for the updates, I'll give a listen on the SX-73 which currently has the homebrew T2FD on it....no suckouts as on some ham antennas, my favorite for continuous coverage.

Carl
K6RQR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »

Today is February 15, 2018 and this piece of shit is still on the air!!! I'm hearing his apocalyptic sewage on 5,850 at 8pm. No, this not a previous recording. He referenced the Florida school shooting of the other day. How the hell is this miserable religious psychopath still on the air after being arrested for multiple charges like rape and theft, especially since this is not the first time he has been arrested for similar crimes?  Is there any real justice in South Carolina? I detest this appalling, intolerant phony and I am disgusted that he is still permitted to transmit his end-of-the-world garbage. He's talking about the "Anti-Christ" right now. I think that HE does a pretty good imitation of that supposed evil creature. This turd has been selling the idea of the "last days" for 30 years. I guess Jeebus's watch stopped and he's running late.  He also just said this is a "wicked world". Yeah, with you as part of the problem, Stair.
 Remember when religious stations on shortwave offered up comparatively sane and inspirational programs? I used to listen to HCJB in Ecuador, Vatican  Radio, etc. They have been  replaced by this raspy-voiced old hypocrite. I find him detestable.
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »

Fully agree, K6RQR.

How in hell that lunatic perv has gotten back on the air is beyond me. I was hoping we'd be hearing the last of him soon enough, but obviously not. I'm searching for the story on this turn of events. What the hell happened?!

He's truly a despicable person. I am so g-d@#%d sick of hearing his sandpaper voice shouting and blabbering gibberish -- dangerous gibberish --  all over SW.

He is indeed a big part of the problems in our society today, and his gullible serfs/minions/"congregation" are even more representative of the core of the problems today -- fearful to the point of paranoia and therefore willing to let ANY convincing enough crackpot fleece them of their life savings and their lives in general, if it will make them 'safe'; and that fear and paranoia is the result of systemic and abysmal ignorance, a pride in stupidity that has been simmering for decades and is now bubbling over.

This guy knows just how to con them, certainly, and to hell with him for that, the bastard. And for his sexual perversion and raping assaults on numerous victims, he deserves the chair. Fry him.

But ultimately... the people who believe in and support in word and money anything that idiot says are the bigger problem. We get enough ignorant fearful cavepeople amassed in this country, and oblivion will not be far behind. Lord of the Flies, anyone?

73 de N0TLD
Mike

KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 04:03:10 AM »

I'm sure that his enablers care more about the money than the message. Some justice systems and radio programmers ought to be ashamed of themselves.
 I had respect for WBCQ until they began carrying his broadcast, but business does what it has to in order to survive. Transmitters come with electric bills.
 There is some sensible religious and political shortwave programming out there to be had if you look for it. I'm not Catholic, but I find EWTN broadcasts to be intelligent and worthwhile.
 I have to agree that it is disheartening to hear Scare back on the air. I really thought that he was done and his compound was to disbanded and deprogrammed. Oh well.
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:04 AM »

If he is guilty, he will probably get a trial. We still have due process in this country. Evidence usually means a trial of some sort.

As for his preaching, my radios all have a tuner button on them. :-)
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 04:46:43 AM »

So do mine, and I use them all the time. But it doesn't lessen my disgust. I don't watch/tune past most cable news channels but I'm still digusted with them, too. Smiley

73 de N0TLD
Mike
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 02:16:15 PM »

Hi to all. I only found his broadcasts a few years ago. I was setting my clocks to 10.0 MHz WWV and saw that signal just below WWV.
When I heard him state:

"there are no such things as dinosaurs", I had him pegged right away! ha ha

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »

Today is February 15, 2018 and this piece of shit is still on the air!!! I'm hearing his apocalyptic sewage on 5,850 at 8pm. No, this not a previous recording. He referenced the Florida school shooting of the other day. How the hell is this miserable religious psychopath still on the air after being arrested for multiple charges like rape and theft, especially since this is not the first time he has been arrested for similar crimes?  Is there any real justice in South Carolina? I detest this appalling, intolerant phony and I am disgusted that he is still permitted to transmit his end-of-the-world garbage. He's talking about the "Anti-Christ" right now. I think that HE does a pretty good imitation of that supposed evil creature. This turd has been selling the idea of the "last days" for 30 years. I guess Jeebus's watch stopped and he's running late.  He also just said this is a "wicked world". Yeah, with you as part of the problem, Stair.
 Remember when religious stations on shortwave offered up comparatively sane and inspirational programs? I used to listen to HCJB in Ecuador, Vatican  Radio, etc. They have been  replaced by this raspy-voiced old hypocrite. I find him detestable.

And yet you continue to listen?................Who's the crazy one now???

Tom KC0W
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »

He's a psychopathic con artist. Most of them have very simple agendas with a lot of obfuscation. His is: 1) give me your money: "time is up, you don't need to think about your future, it's not in your hands, therefore give me your money".. then after he has people ensnared it's 2) "give me your young women". People like him have been lying and creating their personality all their lives so judges and courts tend to be pushovers for them.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
K6RQR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »

Get off it, Tom. I have been monitoring that frequency only to verify if he is still on the air, just the way he returned after he was arrested on similar charges years ago.  I'm not "crazy" when I care about the crap that passes for shortwave broadcasting these days. I have also sent a deeply critical letter to his website.

Bruce K6RQR
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 05:48:45 AM »

Get off it, Tom. I have been monitoring that frequency only to verify if he is still on the air, just the way he returned after he was arrested on similar charges years ago.  I'm not "crazy" when I care about the crap that passes for shortwave broadcasting these days. I have also sent a deeply critical letter to his website.

Bruce K6RQR

Amen.

Mike
N0TLD
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: