The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine çonstantly late  (Read 43195 times)
N4ECM

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »

Is everyone having trouble getting CQ Mag or just me?  It is 1/15/2018 and the last issue I received was October.  Email has gone unanswered so far.

I've emailed twice before for the same problem and was answered timely and told they were behind schedule.......duh!  I was told they would add one month to my subscription but what good is that when I can't even get the ones I've paid for?

What's the deal, are they bankrupt?
KLONDIKEMIKE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »

From Jan. 2018 edition;

NZ8J

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

I can't seem to find the .pdf files on their site they mentioned. All I can find are those useless to me zinio formatted Nov and Dec issues.
Tim
NZ8J
KG7BZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »

I think they've gone bankrupt. I paid for a 3-year subscription in May of 2017 and received the June, July, August and September issues. Nothing since. Every month when I called and emailed they promised me that the latest issue was at the printers and I'd receive it soon. That's what I was told in October, November, December... Near the end of December when I called I just got voice mail, no longer a person. Now I've apparently been blocked from posting on their Facebook page and when I I try a Facebook message, I get the message "That person is not available. I just tried calling their Customer Service phone # and get the message that their mailbox is full. I think CQ is history and I'm screwed out of my money...

Yes, they've lied about the PDF files also, they're nowhere to be found...

August Johnson KG7BZ
KG7BZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:06 PM »

And go look at QRZ.com Dick Ross K2MGA has taken his email address off. No way to contact him... Maybe time for a certified letter with return receipt.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:04:07 PM by KG7BZ » Logged
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »

I notice that their web site lists the "current issue" as November 2017. Not a good sign. But of course you can download the  February 2014 pdf...

It is incredulous that they would list their advertisers and subscribers as "partners". We are not partners, we are customers. And it is likely that some of their advertisers are now neither a partner nor an advertiser.

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »

January issue arrived today...
KG7BZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »

Well, I REALLY hope they get their act together, the magazine is great. But it's not been very pleasant being lied to these past months and I don't think that 2 months extension of my subscription is fair compensation for 4 missed issues. Just have to wait and see, I guess.
KG7BZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »

I sent and email blast off to all the people listed on their contact list, about 1/4 to 1/3 replied that they've left CQ in the past few months. Even their Advertising Director!

August KG7BZ
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:10 PM »

I had been a subscriber for many years.  When delays became intolerable back in 2013 I bailed.  Tried it again in mid 2016 for a year.   Delays persisted, so I decided not to reup again.  Nice magazine, some interesting articles.  In QST Jan issue I count about 12 pages of MFJ ads.  Used to also be in CQ, but not for last 2 or 3 years.  Guess MFJ got tired.  Not good.
N4ECM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »

Thanks for the input.  I feared as much.  Too bad, cuz I liked the mag, but I won't send any more money that way.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »

It'll really be a shame if CQ folds and leaves QST with a monopoly.
KG7BZ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

Well, I finally got my January issue today. We'll just have to see what happens. In spite of the statement in the January issue that the PDF files of the missing issues are already on the web site, they're not. Web site is STILL showing November as the current issue.
NA5XX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 09:33:39 PM »

They have had this problem for years.  Issues arrived late, damaged or net at all.  Because of this I ceased subscribing years ago.  The digital edition is not very good either.  As an alternative, I joined the RSGB and receive RadCom.  It is a good read and interesting to see what is happening in radio across the pond.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 06:28:53 AM »

They have had this problem for years.  Issues arrived late, damaged or net at all.  Because of this I ceased subscribing years ago.  The digital edition is not very good either.  As an alternative, I joined the RSGB and receive RadCom.  It is a good read and interesting to see what is happening in radio across the pond.

Smart move. I don't think CQ is long for this world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: