The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine çonstantly late  (Read 39981 times)
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »

Got my March at the end of March and got my April issue yesterday.  At least getting it now in the month of issue.

Have no fear, this will not last long. Pretty soon they will get later and later. It's a cycle that keeps repeating.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 07:13:44 AM »

You've been promising they'd die and go under for the past three years...  yet, they are still there. Time to move on.  Living with intense hatred for a small magazine company will take a few years of your life at the rate you are going. Get a hobby. If losing a few meager bucks on a subscription is the worst fate you'll ever encounter, you are lucky.  Move on.  Others were burned far worst than you.
K5ACQ

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »

Got my May issue on Wednesday (16th).  Getting better.  We will see next month.  One thing, though.  The magazines look like they been thru the wringer.  Corners all bent up and rips.  Inside pages all folded up.  I get other magazines and none come this way.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2018, 07:00:11 AM »

Got my May issue on Wednesday (16th).  Getting better.  We will see next month.  One thing, though.  The magazines look like they been thru the wringer.  Corners all bent up and rips.  Inside pages all folded up.  I get other magazines and none come this way.

They use them for toilet paper. Grin
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »

Blame the post office that services whatever printer they are using these days.  The printers do not shred the magazines.

pete
K5ACQ

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »

Got my June issue today.  About the same time as last month.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

Same here.  Amazed they are able to keep going.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2018, 03:47:15 AM »

Received my July Radcom yesterday. It is always on-time. They showed that more than 80 US amateurs joined the RSGB since the last issue and will now receive Radcom. Radcom is an excellent replacement for the perpetually late or missing CQ. If you really want a different perspective, you definitely get that with Radcom.
W3DBB

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2018, 04:44:19 AM »

I'm also amazed they are able to keep going.

Just returned from a spending a week at Myrtle Beach SC. Figured I would find CQ on one of the newsstands. Checked 2 Books-A-Million stores in the malls and the Barnes & Noble store - no CQ magazine. Did find Nuts and Volts which is now published 6 times per year. I purchased the May/June issue and think it is a pretty good magazine, more technical than QST and therefore more interesting.

I don't have any problem with CQ Communications. They refunded all my money plus interest even though it took them a year or two. I'm curious if they still sell to newsstand suppliers. It's painfully obvious CQ has victimized themselves with bad business practices. It seemed odd not to find CQ on these big magazine racks that take up an entire wall in the 2 large size BAM! mall stores.
N6XJP

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2018, 04:58:48 AM »

I got a solicitation for a CQ subscription in the mail today.  I have always loved that magazine.  I am soooo tempted!  Yup.  I’m gonna subscribe.  I spend more money than an annual subscription costs on going out to dinner.  I want them to succeed.  I want an option to QST.  Late?  Hey, I’m 75 years old.  Everything is late...HiHi. 

CW only since 1990. 
KD8QBW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2018, 05:43:16 AM »

The comedy just continues. You could walk away from eHam for awhile and come back months later and there are still
guys bitching about CQ. It's great fun to read about ya'all wasting your money on that rag.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »

I still get the digital version on time.  I am from the old school and prefer paper but that does not seem to work with this outfit. 
Art
PBJOK

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2018, 04:37:34 AM »

What's CQ magazine?
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »

Hello CQ,CQ,CQ. Calling CQ,CQ,CQ.
Can you hear me Major Tom. This is ground control to Major Tom. We can hear you now.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »

I get the CQ digital edition.  I was able to download the August issue but am unable to read it.  Is this just me or is it another nail in the CQ coffin?
Art
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: