The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best used High Performance HF Transceiver  (Read 21216 times)
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 09:10:47 PM »

W8JX- I been round & round with you on this IC-7300 receiver performance. The IC-7300 is a noisy receiver in S7 and higher band noise environments. Also useless during field day- overloads like crazy. Many at QRZ are selling or sold the IC-7300 due to the noise issue. The TS-590SG is far superior and everyone knows it at QRZ.

FVJ:
On Reply #17, Jan. 24,2018, of this thread, you said (and I quote)... "The IC-7300 has the best NR I ever used".

"Band noise"...are you referring to atmospheric or man-madel? My antenna is almost 350 feet away from my house or any others...quiet as a church mouse on any radio I have used, including the 7300 (which BTW has never overloaded with a few high power contesters nearby). Maybe during Field Day...just don't use one there. The TS-590SG is a great radio...but FAR SUPERIOR? Where do you come up with that..."EVERYONE" at QRZ? People are also selling their TS-590SG's. Some to trade for a 7300, so don't go that route.

I'll bet you own a TS-590SG Grin. If so, are you happy with your irrational rationalization against the 7300? Enjoy it, and leave the 7300 owners alone to enjoy theirs. IMO, your statements are baseless.

73, Bob K7JQ

Not just my statements, re-read my post. I am just reporting what many complained about the IC-7300 at QRZ. I sold the TS-590SG for a more modern transceiver.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »

Quote from: N4UE link=topic=118796.msg1134763#msg1134763 date=1562794659

There is a REASON why Carl, KM1H debates everything you post...…

ron
N4UE
[/quote

N4UE- go to QRZ look up post 'AL811 Unknown Mod Help' and read my replies to Carl's statements about the Russian G-811. Carl with his standard nasty comments against my post made a fool out of himself. Members at QRZ do not automatically believe everything Carl states as gospel either.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:28:34 PM by N8FVJ » Logged
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 06:36:08 AM »

KM1H has something to say negative about almost anything, he is one of those chaps that has seen everything and done everything if you catch my drift, states he has multiple degree's and sits high on his own hill if you catch my drift, basically an old PITA man who is anti social and this is why he will argue with you till the cows come home. The best was to deal with Carl is find the ignore button, there are more like him on these forums who like himself talk down to other hams and really don't listen to what anyone else post so you get this idea after a few posts.
He claims to be an amp expert but the people in the know in the amplifier realm know that Teddy K2JMY is the MAN in which seldom posts but has help and fix more amplifiers than almost anybody else in the NE parts of the states. Carl is just an old man that is basically cranky and has nothing better to do then put down other hams and make himself look like King but here again that is in his own mind.
As far as radio's go Sherwoods list is a starting point but between reading up on ARRL reviews, go to the DJ0 site for more in depth reviews done by Rob himself then from comments of end users plus trying to actually visit other hams shacks were you can see in action is the best way to chose or just buy the three your interested in at one time and sell off the ones that don't please you as much.
As far as the 7300 goes the OVF light will light up if the input signal is on the overly strong side which may overload the adc chip set, most times just a slight adjustment of the RF gain control will tame that situation plus I never used the pre amp on that radio when I owned it, W?O pre amp the MDS is over -130dbm which is 5 to 10db stronger sensitivity than almost any other radio W/O pre amp engaged and with it in is up around -140dbm.
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 07:03:14 AM »

BTW Teddy K2JMY is a perfect gentleman on or off the air, he just turned 100 this year, Happy Birthday Teddy!
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »

KM1H has something to say negative about almost anything, he is one of those chaps that has seen everything and done everything if you catch my drift, states he has multiple degree's and sits high on his own hill if you catch my drift, basically an old PITA man who is anti social and this is why he will argue with you till the cows come home. The best was to deal with Carl is find the ignore button, there are more like him on these forums who like himself talk down to other hams and really don't listen to what anyone else post so you get this idea after a few posts.
He claims to be an amp expert but the people in the know in the amplifier realm know that Teddy K2JMY is the MAN in which seldom posts but has help and fix more amplifiers than almost anybody else in the NE parts of the states. Carl is just an old man that is basically cranky and has nothing better to do then put down other hams and make himself look like King but here again that is in his own mind.
As far as radio's go Sherwoods list is a starting point but between reading up on ARRL reviews, go to the DJ0 site for more in depth reviews done by Rob himself then from comments of end users plus trying to actually visit other hams shacks were you can see in action is the best way to chose or just buy the three your interested in at one time and sell off the ones that don't please you as much.
As far as the 7300 goes the OVF light will light up if the input signal is on the overly strong side which may overload the adc chip set, most times just a slight adjustment of the RF gain control will tame that situation plus I never used the pre amp on that radio when I owned it, W?O pre amp the MDS is over -130dbm which is 5 to 10db stronger sensitivity than almost any other radio W/O pre amp engaged and with it in is up around -140dbm.

Thank you for setting the record straight. I do not post unless I know exactly what I an talking about and that is why Carl lost the last two arguments on my posts.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »

BTW Teddy K2JMY is a perfect gentleman on or off the air, he just turned 100 this year, Happy Birthday Teddy!

My hat is off to K2JMY.
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »

Using no pre amp stages in line with the 7300 plus learning to use the RF gain control plus anywhere from #4 to #5 on the NR control goes a long way to making the 7300 vert palatable RX plus setting the audio bass and treble on the receive side works as well. O noise bands such as 40, 75/80 and 160 at night these controls come in very hand but like everything else in life you gotta learn how to use them.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: