The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HSDR Talking To/From FLDigi - can't get this to work.  (Read 1496 times)
N3HKN

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:59:09 AM »

Each program functions as it should. The system, with an SDRadio, is using 2 virtual cables. I have fumbled about with HamLib, CAT, FLrig, etc.   COM5 is used by HDSDR to communicate to/from the SDR and that works. The audio to/from FLDigi works. But, I can't find a combination to allow FLDigi to turn on the PTT (Push To Transmit) signal to HDSDR. I have randomly tried various combinations in the FLDigi Rig Control pages as well as combinations in the Misc. Options of HDSDR.

Dick  N3HKN
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »

Each program functions as it should. The system, with an SDRadio, is using 2 virtual cables. I have fumbled about with HamLib, CAT, FLrig, etc.   COM5 is used by HDSDR to communicate to/from the SDR and that works. The audio to/from FLDigi works. But, I can't find a combination to allow FLDigi to turn on the PTT (Push To Transmit) signal to HDSDR. I have randomly tried various combinations in the FLDigi Rig Control pages as well as combinations in the Misc. Options of HDSDR.

Dick  N3HKN

I played with this sometime ago, but I don't remember all the details.  It's not clear in your message that you are also using virtual serial port software, in addition to the virtual cables. VSP is needed.
N3HKN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:43:24 PM »

No, not using Virtual Serial Port(s). Just USB and virtual cables. I used HDSDR quite awhile ago for a Softrock send and receive with FLDigi. But I do not remember any more than something to do with CAT HDSDR and needing a TS-50 rig descriptor to make it work.

The "radio" is a HobbyPCB RF-IQ SDR on a board covering 3mhz thru 28 mhz continuous. It uses an Arduino NANO to control features and functions via USB. That works with its own exotic software and interfacing to HDSDR via USB. Omnirig takes care of connection management.
Dick
N3HKN
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »

Have you searched the forum at https://www.hobbypcb.com/forum/11 ?

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
N3HKN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »

I searched that forum for FLDIGI experiences and solutions during half-time last night. Very confusing with no clear cut process for using FLDigi with HDSDR, the backend of the SDR. The audio stuff is simple. However, the forum goes into coding rig profiles and some other arcane stuff for PTT. I do not want to waste time in that arena - been there done that, now I want to operate after years of such fiddling.

I suspect that you need the TS-50 Kenwood rig descriptor and CAT HDSDR. However, looks like I need to find the actual signal HDSDR needs for PTT and then try to provide it via CAT from FLDigi.
Dick  N3HKN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: