The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray for smoke odor=with no rinse or residue?  (Read 17775 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 08:55:21 AM »

The TS-940 looks new inside and out.....the only problem is the smoke odor.

Going to go to HD today and pick up some ammonia and some Odor Magic.  Will give those two a try before resorting to the Krud Kutter due to my concerns over the many, many susceptible parts on this radio.

Thanx for all the ideas.  I guess I'll keep on keepin' on for a while longer.

Seal it in the bag with odor magic for a couple weeks.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »

If he doesn't reveal his cure, I guess I will have to try spray Brake Cleaner.....but, I have huge reservations on that one.

You should...  I'm familiar with CRC's Brakleen which might be the most intense solvent available off the shelf / retail.  Works a treat on greasy crud and oil residue (dissolves instantly) but will damage many plastics.  Same goes for CRC's "Lectra-Motive" automotive electrical cleaner.  Fantastic for alternators and starter motors but much too aggressive for PC boards.  For that you want their QD Electronic Cleaner.  [ QD = Quick Dry ]

BTW:  If you have a local home & ranch store like an Atwood's you may want to kill some time taking a walk through / price check.  I've found excellent buys on common hardware, cleaners, automotive stuff and even gel-cell batteries.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: