The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ken's Electronics  (Read 5713 times)
KE8HAG

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2018, 05:12:18 AM »

WARNING ! Buy at your own risk.

Ordered various parts, (power cords and connectors), via his web site and paid up front. Several weeks went by and no parts or communications from him. I called his place of business to find out if there was a problem with the order. I gave him all the information from my copied receipt and he started to grumble about he couldn't find the order because he had hand written them. He finally finds the order and commences to tell me that he's been busy filling Ebay orders and that they come first, that soon as he gets those orders out he will get to mine. Feeling uneasy about this deal, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said ok. Ending the call. Three weeks had pasted and didn't receive anything or hear from him. I went to his site to send a email to inquire about the order again. His email link will take you to the order form he has on the site.  Thinking ok, I'll just fill in the required info and put my inquiry in the description box. I did that and waited another week with no response. (I didn't call him because verbal communications don't mean squat when it comes to legal bindings.) I'm now thinking "I've been scammed" and went to check my credit card information. Fortunately, no information or activity had taken place. I proceeded to contact my credit card co. to cancel the authorized transaction for Kenselectronics.com, which took place.

Something just isn't right about this business.

KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »

I look at a situation like yours as being the result of one of three scenarios: 1-the seller is a victim of his own success - the business has become more than he can handle; 2-the seller is running the business on a shoe string; 3-the seller is a scam artist.  I don't know which is true.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 08:57:53 AM »

I look at a situation like yours as being the result of one of three scenarios: 1-the seller is a victim of his own success - the business has become more than he can handle; 2-the seller is running the business on a shoe string; 3-the seller is a scam artist.  I don't know which is true.

Does it even matter. This guy has a million times the patience than I do and no resolution just grumbling by the seller.

Ken's Electronics sounds like a very good place to avoid like the plague.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

Ken is really old from what I remember. I tried to order the repair books from him like 10 or more years ago, and it never got processed. I called him, and he sounded like an old mess. I never did get the books (I recall him not being able to find them), but he never charged me, either.

So today, he is at least 10 years older than he was back then, and I assume he is worse. What I do not understand is, his website is not that bad, and it must cost money for him to keep it up. I did a google street view of his store. It appears like a small rinky dink type of place. It reminds me of one of those hoarder specials. One of this repair places that never threw anything out. I would guess he had a ton of crap and is very disorganized. I even checked the BBB and 2 complaints were similar to the one in this header.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »

Ken is really old from what I remember. I tried to order the repair books from him like 10 or more years ago, and it never got processed. I called him, and he sounded like an old mess. I never did get the books (I recall him not being able to find them), but he never charged me, either.

So today, he is at least 10 years older than he was back then, and I assume he is worse. What I do not understand is, his website is not that bad, and it must cost money for him to keep it up. I did a google street view of his store. It appears like a small rinky dink type of place. It reminds me of one of those hoarder specials. One of this repair places that never threw anything out. I would guess he had a ton of crap and is very disorganized. I even checked the BBB and 2 complaints were similar to the one in this header.

Before I finished reading this I thought--Hoarder--and it sure sounds like it.

Maybe he will be featured on HOARDERS Buried Alive

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »

I am just speculating, but when it take days to find something and you have online purchasing, I don't know what else it can be.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 10:10:53 AM »

I have ordered from Ken's in the past & had no issues.His prices are higher than most but he also has items most others do not have.

Clayton
W4KVW
W8REA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »

Ken's is just a few miles from work. He has helped me out a number of times with small items we needed at the shop. I find him to be a decent, honest person. Can be a little grumpy at times, but so can I.

- Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: