The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The secret origins of Ham and CB radio...  (Read 4271 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2018, 06:34:13 AM »

The secret origins of Ham radio and CB radio...

Ham Radio was invented at the Hara Arena in Dayton by a Mr. Morris Code Sr. along with Al Gore's great grand dad. A janitor at the the Arena alerted Hiram what was going on in Dayton and Hiram decided to start the ARRL. Morris Code Sr. and Al Gore's great grand dad got wind of Hiram's plan and got upset. Now holding a family grudge for years, Al Gore decided to invent the internet to try to kill off ham radio to get back for betraying his great grand dad. While it didn't work as well as he hoped, it did kill off packet radio.

Now, the true history of CB Radio is even more interesting. CB was invented by investor Roger Dee, engineers Goode Buddie and the son of Morris Code. The three had relatives at the FCC and through their connections there they decided to convince the FCC to take away 11 meters from ham radio and start a new service called CB radio. Since Morris Code and Goode Buddie developed the actual plan for CB radio. The FCC credited the men by calling it CB Radio after their last names. Morris Code and Goode Buddie.

Since the Code family also held a family grudge and taking away 11 meters from hams wasn't enough. Mr. Code along with the other two came up with a much more devious plan, they convinced the FCC to pass "Insensitive Licensing" through their inside connections in 1968 in order to sell more CB radios.

Sure 'nuff by golly, in 1969 thousands upon thousands of ham radio operators tore up their ham licenses in protest and bought CB radios instead. Still it wasn't enough for these three rascals. The three wrote letters to the Saudi's to cut back oil production and wouldn't you know it. We had the gas crisis in 1973 and 1974. The three also convinced the government through their deep connections to lower the national speed limit to 55 miles per hour in an effort to sell more CB radios to avoid "Smokey Bear".

Sure 'nuff , CB radio sales really started to take off and sales went through the roof. CB radio became a household name and every other block in town had a CB store. All these secret plots helped to make Roger Dee, Goode Buddie and Morris Code billionaires many times over.  These secret plots were just bought to light by recently uncovered "Stinky Leaks" release.
(Of course this is all total B.S. and none of it ever happened this way. It makes good reading for an April Fool's day. Have a great day...by golly and keep reading the mail...lol)

-Originally posted here at eham on October 24 2016 by at 8:24 am by....me.... https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,47753.15.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:37:08 AM by W4KYR » Logged

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »

Happy April 1st to you too!  Grin

I was also amazed to find out the major importance that the Lafayette KT-135 Explor-Air had in the Apollo space program: 

http://analogdial.com/KT135/KT1358.html

We would likely never have found out these things without the magic of the internet.  Roll Eyes
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 10:09:11 PM »

WoW
Really.
10-4.
1973s
Have a Blessed Day.Be safe.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »

KYR:  NOT funny!  I believed all of that because I have always suspected such a thing like this occurring. Until you put that last line in it made total good sense to me!

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:55:13 AM »

The secret origins of Ham radio and CB radio...

Ham Radio was invented at the Hara Arena in Dayton by a Mr. Morris Code Sr. along with Al Gore's great grand dad. A janitor at the the Arena alerted Hiram what was going on in Dayton and Hiram decided to start the ARRL. Morris Code Sr. and Al Gore's great grand dad got wind of Hiram's plan and got upset. Now holding a family grudge for years, Al Gore decided to invent the internet to try to kill off ham radio to get back for betraying his great grand dad. While it didn't work as well as he hoped, it did kill off packet radio.

Now, the true history of CB Radio is even more interesting. CB was invented by investor Roger Dee, engineers Goode Buddie and the son of Morris Code. The three had relatives at the FCC and through their connections there they decided to convince the FCC to take away 11 meters from ham radio and start a new service called CB radio. Since Morris Code and Goode Buddie developed the actual plan for CB radio. The FCC credited the men by calling it CB Radio after their last names. Morris Code and Goode Buddie.

Since the Code family also held a family grudge and taking away 11 meters from hams wasn't enough. Mr. Code along with the other two came up with a much more devious plan, they convinced the FCC to pass "Insensitive Licensing" through their inside connections in 1968 in order to sell more CB radios.

Sure 'nuff by golly, in 1969 thousands upon thousands of ham radio operators tore up their ham licenses in protest and bought CB radios instead. Still it wasn't enough for these three rascals. The three wrote letters to the Saudi's to cut back oil production and wouldn't you know it. We had the gas crisis in 1973 and 1974. The three also convinced the government through their deep connections to lower the national speed limit to 55 miles per hour in an effort to sell more CB radios to avoid "Smokey Bear".

Sure 'nuff , CB radio sales really started to take off and sales went through the roof. CB radio became a household name and every other block in town had a CB store. All these secret plots helped to make Roger Dee, Goode Buddie and Morris Code billionaires many times over.  These secret plots were just bought to light by recently uncovered "Stinky Leaks" release.
(Of course this is all total B.S. and none of it ever happened this way. It makes good reading for an April Fool's day. Have a great day...by golly and keep reading the mail...lol)

-Originally posted here at eham on October 24 2016 by at 8:24 am by....me.... https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,47753.15.html

So, this was a cut and paste job?
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 04:04:42 AM »

WoW
Really.
10-4.
1973s
Have a Blessed Day.Be safe.
You were observed operating on 7.200MHz yesterday morning. Apart from the choice of swimming holes (something about misery and company), nothing with your operation was reflective of the corn-pone posting style that's (too often) evidenced here.

What's up with that?
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »

Oh really? As heard around here, WOW!
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »

It proves that some out here that think I am a bad operator are wrong. Everyone have a Joyous Day and be Safe. 1973s.... 10-4..
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 08:32:23 AM »

It proves that some out here that think I am a bad operator are wrong. Everyone have a Joyous Day and be Safe. 1973s.... 10-4..

“bad operator”  Haven’t read that on here, so no...you’re wrong.

“1973s....10-4..” Have read “dufus operator” on here...maybe that’s what you’re confusing. 
BOOMBA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 12:14:43 PM »

This is what I'm talking about.  Humor.  It's a funny story Morris Code Good Buddy ETC...  I did miss Chuck on 7.200 I don't listen there but wish I could have heard him.  Was that his debut or does he hang out there?  Great Freq.  Chuck you better know the letter A in CW and I know you didn't pay off those VE people to get your license did you?  You are a lunatic on E-Ham and that is OK I hope you throttle back when you are on the air.  Good luck.  The 1973's thing, 10-4 and every other nuance you have don't change that.  Use it on the air, I'm pretty sure everyone will love it.       
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »

Going on 7.200 early Sunday morning does not make me a bad person. I heard a cq being called. I answered the call he was a new ham from Minnesota  only had his call 3 months .I happened to be his 2nd contact on the hf band.It was quite on 7.200 on Sunday Morning. I happened to have it on the frequency from the day before because I enjoy listening to all the strange conversations that go on on 7.200.. Everyone I do not Understand why all the drama on or about 7.200???.. I hope this is ok with some out here. Everyone have a Blessed Day and Joyous Day...1873ss  

p.s #1 Thanks BOOMBA.
p.s#2 No i don not participate in the chaos on 7.200 but I do enjoy listening to some of it from time to time but I guess from some out here you should not even listen .Just saying.. Everyone have a Blessed and Joyous day.1973sss
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:17:30 AM by KC8KTN » Logged
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »

....p.s#2 No i don not participate in the chaos on 7.200 but I do enjoy listening to some of it from time to time....
You should feel right at home.
BOOMBA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »

Chuck if you are not getting paid for what you post on this site I would be surprised.  You are so scripted and calculated on what and how you say things.  I see right through it but if you are not getting paid from E-ham and just doing this on your own you need a agent.  Good Luck.   
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 08:01:26 AM »

Hello to all . Going on 7.200 now to do some listening...   Or if someone has a better frequency for this ham ears let me know..Have a Joyous Day and be safe..73s Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »

Almost any other frequency would be better, IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: