The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He runs the DX rewards office at the ARRL nowadays?  (Read 1365 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

I have to get my final 14 or 15 cards to get confirmed.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »

Now they seem to be relying more on the DXCC card checkers. Your best bet is to do online DXCC and then bring the paperwork and cards to a card checker.

http://www.arrl.org/online-dxcc-application

If you have a LoTW account you can use that password.

Find a card checker:
http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-card-checker-search
WD9Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:41:39 PM »

A lot of Hamfests have a card checker there.  Enter your info into the Online DXCC application systems, print out the paperwork to take with you to a hamfest that has a card checker.....

Mat WD9Q
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 03:01:28 AM »

The ARRL provides a handy dandy list of card checkers here.

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:56:58 AM »

All-LOTW applications are processed in a few working days and the certificate arrives in the week or two after that.

For paper card (or mixed paper+LOTW) applications, they strongly encourage Online DXCC: https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/about.php

For any application, the end-of-calendar-year crunch is still there but not nearly as severe as a few years ago. If you can get it in outside the December-February crunch it it is to your time advantage.

N4NYY, I notice you have not uploaded to LOTW in over 3 years. I strongly encourage you to get as many credits confirmed as you can in LOTW before doing paper. You could work and confirm your last 14 or 15 needed entities in LOTW in a month or two I bet (unfortunately the thickest part of contest season is behind us otherwise it could be as short as a week.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:59:05 AM by N3QE » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »

Thanks for the info! I will use a card checker.

N3QE, I stopped DXing a while back. When I got to 200, I started to see the ugly side of DX and the attitudes of people on rare DXpeditions, so I soured on it. Then Dad died in Oct 2015, and I just lost interest in DXing entirely. So I not ragchew all the time. I have my ham rig for the ham bands, and I have my first ever radio, a TRC-422A CB for 11M, which my Dad got me in 1982.

So I just have about 14-16 of final QSL cards in hand that I have to get checked. I also have about 4, including Antarctica and Philippines, which only do mail and I just never followed up with.
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 10:08:20 PM »

they strongly encourage Online DXCC: https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/about.php

FWIW, I endorse their suggestion.  It is slightly cheaper and it is actually easier.  Whatever order you manage to upload the ADIF representing your cards, as printed by their PDF, that's the order you present the cards to your checker. 

Easier and cheaper.  My checker likes it, too.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »

I am a DXCC card checker based in New Jersey. If you don't want use a local one, I would be very pleased to process your application and answer any questions in that regard.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: