The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PicoAPRS  (Read 3673 times)
KC3JUG

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with these?  I haven't been able to track down much in the way of firsthand reports and feedback from owners but I have to admit I'm very inclined to get one.  HRO has them available which brings some comfort if it doesn't add up to what I expect.  That said, the limited information I've found seems to be positive.  They aren't terribly cheap, but they have a lot of functionality packed into such a compact (portable!) form factor.

Just thought I'd solicit some feedback should anyone here have anything to offer on them.  I'm not particularly interested in seeking alternative solutions unless they're very comparable (transmit, receive, form factor, etc.).

Thanks,

Dan
KC3JUG
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with these?  I haven't been able to track down much in the way of firsthand reports and feedback from owners but I have to admit I'm very inclined to get one.  HRO has them available which brings some comfort if it doesn't add up to what I expect.  That said, the limited information I've found seems to be positive.  They aren't terribly cheap, but they have a lot of functionality packed into such a compact (portable!) form factor.

I have one. Nice, little unit. Make sure to use with a good antenna, as the power output is low compared to using some of the Byonics trackers or the APRS-ready HTs from Kenwood and Yaesu. Having some good APRS infrastructure around you will help with the little radio.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK or http://twitter.com/WD9EWK
N4SRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »

I just picked a V3 up in January 2019. It’s very nice! I created a Groups IO forum here:

https://groups.io/g/PicoAPRS

Bret/N4SRN
Bedford, NH  USA
N4SRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »

I really like the little Transceiver. I often put it in a hotel window when I travel and the 1W transmitter gets picked up >10mi away. Plugged into a power bank it will run for days.

It’s often not picked up from late afternoon through the night, but starts being heard an hour after sunrise.

Bret/N4SRN

Bret/N4SRN
Bedford, NH  USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: