The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty Quiet Out There  (Read 6069 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »

Blaming cb Again. It never stops.One day cb will come back around and be Bigger than Ever.I agree get your General ticket.I up graded years ago from Captain to General working on my Extra. Hopefully the fcc will do away with this silly Extra Hard test.Just my onion.Everyone have a Blessed day and be Extra Safe.73s.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:18:07 PM by KC8KTN » Logged
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 05:34:56 PM »

In the days of instant texting, cell phones that work almost anywhere, and internet; I really don't see the masses returning to a method that does not provide instant gratification.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »

It is quiet out there.
KG5AHC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

Well I made a friend at the club I joined and he came over and used his laptop to program a LOT of repeaters on my radio
I kept at it and I finally talked to an 89 year old guy down near San Diego now I'm off and running- I'm an old geezer myself and I think that this is gonna be the thing to help me out as I have no phone and talking to someone over the radio is fun and since I'm new it's good to learn a new skill - Hope to hear you folks on the air- going out back now with my HT, a bottle of water and see what's up.- 73 KM6RWB -Vic in SoCal

Well I am extremely happy for this outcome, Vic. Better than i had expected.

Hopefully one or more of the repeaters you can reach is linked into the Western Intertie Network (WIN) system... it is a whole network of repeaters that extend FM voice across areas in 16 states and four countries according to their web site. Perhaps your club members know about the WIN System.

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 02:31:13 AM »

It is quiet out there.

I prefer quality over quantity.

Last few times I monitored, quiet was fine, when I heard people talking it was time to turn the radio off.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 02:36:12 AM »

In the days of instant texting, cell phones that work almost anywhere, and internet; I really don't see the masses returning to a method that does not provide instant gratification.

The appeal of radio is working independent of the grid, preferably simplex. That's why it's puzzling to see Amateurs flock to DMR & D-Star.

VOIP links are not radio.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 02:50:11 AM »

The appeal of radio is working independent of the grid, preferably simplex. That's why it's puzzling to see Amateurs flock to DMR & D-Star.

VOIP links are not radio.

No argument there. But was referring to KTN with the return of CB.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2018, 05:42:30 AM »

Blaming cb Again. It never stops.One day cb will come back around and be Bigger than Ever.I agree get your General ticket.I up graded years ago from Captain to General working on my Extra. Hopefully the fcc will do away with this silly Extra Hard test.Just my onion.Everyone have a Blessed day and be Extra Safe.73s.
(lol)seems to be doing a pretty good job of at least keeping some of the rabble out of parts of the bands.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2018, 06:39:37 AM »

Blaming cb Again.

Well, that's how we got you.  Wink

...working on my Extra. Hopefully the fcc will do away with this silly Extra Hard test.Just my onion.

Are you really? Sounds like another of your fabrications. Like the "I bought a 7300 and extended warranty", "I put up a billboard", and "They offered me a job."
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: