The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec: NOT wanting to start a war here...  (Read 20212 times)
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2018, 05:45:01 AM »

These TenTec threads are useless due to the fact they are mostly started by true cults members who spread their misplaced and excessive admiration for a particular person or thing=Mike/TenTec and then common sense tries in vain to make sense with the insane, which is impossible.

It’s a waste of time effort and energy these TT threads, every one of them. Entertaining? Maybe for some.
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2018, 09:25:53 AM »

These TenTec threads are useless due to the fact they are mostly started by true cults members who spread their misplaced and excessive admiration for a particular person or thing=Mike/TenTec and then common sense tries in vain to make sense with the insane, which is impossible.

It’s a waste of time effort and energy these TT threads, every one of them. Entertaining? Maybe for some.

These Ten-Tec threads are usually started by someone asking if Ten-Tec still exists and if so is there an update on when they will again be making and selling xcvrs, or if they still repair radios.

-- then folks who seem to be rooting for TT to never come back start posting responses like: "LOL" or "everyone but TT fanboys considers TT dead" -- and after a while folks who hope TT does come back start posting favorable responses such as pointing out that TT was at Dayton this year and that evidently an Eagle + may soon be available for purchase --

maybe if both sides would just agree to give it a rest such new threads could simply contain a single reply with something like:

* Dishtronix bought Ten-Tec and Alpha Amplifiers a few years ago from RF Concepts who took over Ten-Tec from RKR...  
* Ten-Tec does still exist and they do still repair Ten-Tec radios in Tennessee but they have yet to again start selling xcvrs.  
* The current owner has stated he plans to again sell Ten-Tec xcvrs when he has the sufficient funds to get that venture going, but there is no new news as of yet and it has been a few years.

edit: The www.tentec.com website does have newer info than last time i read it -- it looks like this was written just before Hamvention this year:

The Ten Tec team is working on production improvements to our facility and business. We are fully occupied with our commercial business at this time. When I have capacity the next step is to run the first batch of Omni 7+ which is the Omni 7 with some minor cosmetic changes and improvements such as a flat metal front for improved shielding. Following this we are releasing the Super Eagle which brings into the Eagle most of the DSP features found on the Orion II and is the first step on the path to the Orion III. This is different hardware from existing product so it is not a firmware upgrade. There are no firm dates or guarantees for when these things will occur.

The blow out sale prices are over and any outstanding orders at those prices are terminated. Those prices were previous owners intent to liquidate all inventory and will never be repeated.

I am pleased to state that we have completed some firmware updates which will soon be posted on the new Ten Tec website once it is up and running to entice people to visit the site.

Dishtronix has other new products under development as well. The DX2400MKII replaces the DX2400L1 legal limit + solid state amplifier and should be unveiled at Hamvention, to mention just one. We are close to beginning production of our Emtron DX2/3-SPd tetrode amplifiers which will also be shown at Hamvention. We may even decide to build and service these at Ten Tec.

There are some other exciting things happening which we may announce in the near future.

Thank you for your patience during this transition.

Sincerely,

Mike, N8WFF
President,
Ten Tec, a Dishtronix Company
Dishtronix, Inc.

the proof is in the pudding, and right now we dont even have a brochure, but a Super Eagle sounds interesting -- here is a recent post here regarding the (older) Eagle:

I have two Eagles, and have made over a quarter million QSO's with them. I also get to frequently use K3's at contest superstations. The Eagle is pretty much the same generation as the K3 (if anything, Elecraft was following Ten-Tec's lead in terms of downconversion high-performance DSP rigs) and is just as good in every demanding situation I've ever encountered (in fact I prefer the Eagle in terms of user interface).

I would be glad to support the new Ten-Tec with my wallet if they had anything for sale. I can't comment on their current service department because my Eagles never break :-).

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:41:17 AM by N9KX » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2018, 10:17:20 AM »

" There are no firm dates or guarantees for when these things will occur."

However....." There are no firm dates or guarantees for when these things will occur."   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:32:38 AM by W5JON » Logged
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »

However....." There are no firm dates or guarantees for when these things will occur."   Roll Eyes

when you set it up like that JON, it almost leaves the impression TT is just yanking your, and the premature funeral committee's, chains  Cheesy
(but somehow i doubt that the herd of armchair quarterbacks here is their biggest concern)  Wink

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »

when you set it up like that JON, it almost leaves the impression TT is just yanking your, and the premature funeral committee's, chains  Cheesy
(but somehow i doubt that the herd of armchair quarterbacks here is their biggest concern)  Wink

Once again we have heard about all of the things Ten Tec is going to do, through a third party (not a Ten Tec employee) over on QRZ. 
While it all kind of sounds good, once you actually read it, it becomes gibberish and of course, no time frame or specific details are given for anything.  Interestingly, the number 100 continues to come up.  I wonder if they got stuck with a hundred Eagles in the RKR buyout and need to get rid of them?

My take away from the third parties post is that it is the same old song and dance we heard in 2014 when RKR bought Ten Tec from RF Concepts.  The post is so weasel worded, so convoluted, that it is frankly, meaningless.  I have to wonder why anyone would post such an incredibly long diatribe of utter nonsense unless they are trying to obfuscate the truth.

So to answer N9KX, I really think their primary concern is money.  I also think the only chains getting yanked are the fans and apologists, including our latest third party, who continues to try and blow sunshine up everyone's keisters.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »

This is more fun than watching the liberals on The View going into their daily meltdowns.  You Ten Tec haters need a life.   Grin Grin Grin
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »

This is more fun than watching the liberals on The View going into their daily meltdowns.  You Ten Tec haters need a life.   Grin Grin Grin

LOL Yep!

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2018, 04:18:25 PM »

This is more fun than watching the liberals on The View going into their daily meltdowns.  You Ten Tec haters need a life.   Grin Grin Grin

Hi,

I have not seen any reply on this thread that has shown hatred for Ten-Tec, only differing views and OPINIONS.

How is it that anyone that has a differing view from yours is a "hater".  Speaking for myself, as the previous Ten-Tec or the NEW Ten-Tec have ever done anything to me to make me love or hate either, therefore I feel neither emotion toward them.  However your emotions toward THINGS may not be the same.

I and others are giving OPINIONS on a OPEN FORUM  about a company, on a Forum titled "Company Reviews" and I believe it has nothing to do with love or hate.  Therefore, if you are so sensitive that expressing a differing OPINION = hate, you sir are the one that "needs a life".  

BTW, I bet you really enjoy your daily dose of the The VIEW...….

-- then folks who seem to be rooting for TT to never come back start posting responses like: "LOL" or "everyone but TT RKR...  

Really,  Grin

John W5JON
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:34:39 PM by W5JON » Logged
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »

And in your mind anyone who hopes that Ten Tec can make a go of it is a fan boy, as is anyone who posts facts as to the current state of the company.   

BTW, anyone with any brains does not judge a radio solely by the "top ten" ratings on Sherwood's pages.

There are many parameters that affect how a radio performs besides being in the "top ten."  And many vintage Ten Tec's still hold their own in this day and age.

Some folks just go through life sucking on lemons.  BTW, how well do those   "classics" on your QRZ page stack up on the Sherwood ratings? 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:40:49 PM by K1ZJH » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2018, 05:05:17 PM »

And in your mind anyone who hopes that Ten Tec can make a go of it is a fan boy, as is anyone who posts facts as to the current state of the company.  

BTW, anyone with any brains does not judge a radio solely by the "top ten" ratings on Sherwood's pages.

There are many parameters that affect how a radio performs besides being in the "top ten."  And many vintage Ten Tec's still hold their own in this day and age.

Some folks just go through life sucking on lemons.  BTW, how well do those   "classics" on your QRZ page stack up on the Sherwood ratings?  

Thanks for asking, the Yaesu FTdx5000L is #10, the Sherwood List.  My TS590S, and FT1000MP MkV, not so much, but I do not use them daily like the FTdx5000L.  And both Yaesu and Kenwood have produced many Sherwood List Top Radios since Ten-Tec was sold and started saying "keep waiting  soon' for YEARS now.... What position is the Ten-Tec that you use daily on Sherwood List?  

WOW, and now you are capable of reading my mind.…. and not true.  

Again, God forbid someone should post the Published Test Results on the Ten-Tec DECADE OLD RADIOS, without the fanboys hyperventilating.

John W5JON
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:19:35 PM by W5JON » Logged
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »

And what is wrong with Sherwood's ratings for say an Omni VI that makes you cringe?? 

You think just because a radio is higher on the list it will actually work more stations or DX?

Priceless.  Into the ignore bin.  Adios.

W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »

And what is wrong with Sherwood's ratings for say an Omni VI that makes you cringe??  

You think just because a radio is higher on the list it will actually work more stations or DX?

Priceless.  Into the ignore bin.  Adios.

I answered you question, but I believe you missed my question:
Thanks for asking, the Yaesu FTdx5000L is #10, the Sherwood List.  My TS590S, and FT1000MP MkV, not so much, but I do not use them daily like the FTdx5000L. ... What position is the Ten-Tec that you use daily on Sherwood List?  

And good luck waiting another two and a half YEARS for your OmniVII+..... it will be soon..... and it will be on top of the Sherwood list ......trust them.... But Ten-Tec can be sure the competition has not, or  is not waiting.

And as you can read my mind..... read this...………………...

Adios
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:21:16 PM by W5JON » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »

Hi,

The simple answer is a resounding YES.  If you can not hear them you can not work them, if you can not separate them from the QRN and QRM, you can not work them.  If all are equal, why do the folks with the big DX totals own Elecraft or Flex or other top Sherwood rated radios.  I doubt it is or the 100 watt transmitter they all have.

Please, please when you have dug yourself into a hole, STOP digging.   You saying that a receiver with better selectivity, sensitivity, filters, rejection, noise blanker, etc, ect, that it is not capable of working a DX station under weak signal and high QRN and QRM conditions is asinine, and defies common sense, and proves the below:

Adios, you sir need to stop digging...…..

John W5JON

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:19:03 PM by W5JON » Logged
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2018, 02:03:09 AM »

Why would you waste your valuable time even thinking about watching that show?    Let alone actually watch it. 

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »

This is more fun than watching the liberals on The View going into their daily meltdowns.  You Ten Tec haters need a life.   Grin Grin Grin

Why would you waste your valuable time even thinking about watching that show?    Let alone actually watch it.  

Indeed!

Full disclosure, I did watch it to see what it's all about, and that was time wasted forever. I'd also say the conservative point of view is just as prone to meltdowns, so that aspect of the show seems to cover both ends of the political spectrum.

As far as Ten-Tec goes, I wish them luck.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: