The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec: NOT wanting to start a war here...  (Read 20156 times)
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »

You may wish to know that at the Friedrichshafen show Ten-Tec did not have a stall and no retailer was representing them (I asked). I saw three Ten-Tec transceivers for sale in the flea market areas and all of them were going for very low prices. By Sunday one stand had a Corsair II for sale at 350 Euro, reduced from 400 Euro.

I saw more Collins and Heathkit equipment on sale, and they are long gone.

Peter DL8OV
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2018, 12:50:51 PM »

A lot of good ham gear is going cheap. I have considered grabbing a FT-1000D when I saw prices dropping under 1000 USD.  Both of my Ten Tec Omni V1 (Plus and Opt. 3) were bought for under 300 dollars each a few years back--both needed minor repairs.  Unfortunately most hams can't service their own gear these days. So long as I can keep them running, they more than meet my needs.  Ten Tec prices will continue to fall, just as many other models from other manufacturers.

Pete
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »

A lot of good ham gear is going cheap. I have considered grabbing a FT-1000D when I saw prices dropping under 1000 USD.  Both of my Ten Tec Omni V1 (Plus and Opt. 3) were bought for under 300 dollars each a few years back--both needed minor repairs.  Unfortunately most hams can't service their own gear these days. So long as I can keep them running, they more than meet my needs.  Ten Tec prices will continue to fall, just as many other models from other manufacturers.

Pete

That's true Pete but as time goes on, certain models will become collectable and the prices will increase.  I can see the Pegasus and Perseus becoming collectable.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: