The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayton Ham Convention  (Read 3384 times)
K6AER

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »

Dayton Ham Convention???

Not much word about how the convention is going. We don't have a forum for this topic so why not here.

Today was the big day. What did you see?

Any vendors missing?

New Rigs on display?

Flea market better?

How was traffic?

Let the fun began.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:31:24 PM by K6AER » Logged
K9MOV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »

I wonder if the 7.200 crowd got together for their big fight, like they were talking about days before the fest. Who won? Who lost?   LOL
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:15:06 AM »

I wonder if the 7.200 crowd got together for their big fight, like they were talking about days before the fest. Who won? Who lost?   LOL

Boy oh boy. I'd pay to be at that hospitality suite just to observe. Maybe they could start their own live webcast.
BTW, there are a couple threads about Xenia on the "other" forum site.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »

Dayton Ham Convention???

Not much word about how the convention is going. We don't have a forum for this topic so why not here.

Today was the big day. What did you see?

Any vendors missing?

New Rigs on display?

Flea market better?

How was traffic?

Let the fun began.

Saw lots.
Some where.
Yes.
Yes.
No worries.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:47 AM »

They should hold the event in the infield.  Mud wrestling, and for referees maybe find some of those girls Icom used to have at their booth.   
VE3WI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

"we don't have a forum..."  How about the "hamfests" forum?  About a half dozen threads about Hamvention there.

I only spent Sat at Xenia.  Took a little getting used to, with all the separate buildings vs. Hara with its weird angled add-ons to the add-ons. 

All the buildings were spotless - no manure or smells in evidence, contrary to prophecy on this site.

Mud seemed to be mostly a problem in the parking lots.  I came on a tour bus with the Arrow club from Ann Arbor, but if I drive next year I will definitely park at one of the remote lots & use the free shuttle.

The "asphalt grindings" in the flea market provided mostly mud-free lanes to walk on.  We had light rain off and on, and the vendors were pretty good at tarping & untarping their stuff.

Attended a couple of forums in Room 1.  Room 1 (& 2?) is huge - bigger than any forum room at Hara, and (very) air-conditioned.

Food is much, much better in selection & quality than at Hara.

There will be lessons learned this year, like last year, & the event will keep improving.  I'll definitely be checking it out next year again.

Dave, VE3WI
NY7Q

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »

I cuda swore I saw a TENTEC BOOTH, it was clean, lots of air, crowds were more controlled, rain as usual, I even saw a guy picking up trash. W5KUB  was there, on the air as usual, and lots of people with bags full of MFJ equipment and tons of SDR thingys . Overal not bad at all.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »

I'm from the old school where hospitality suite equaled lots and lots of liquor.  Did the one at Dayton have this?
Art
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 05:18:10 AM »

Food is much, much better in selection & quality than at Hara.

Dave, VE3WI

Yeah, having an event that's spread-out allows for food trucks/trailers to set up, and most of it looked pretty good.  The open pit BBQ guys were excellent.  Hara's food vendors were disgusting. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: