The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower price direct from MFJ than HRO or DX?  (Read 2664 times)
KE2KB

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »

Hi;
I was looking for an SWR/Power meter for the 2m & 70cm band.
I came across the MFJ-873 on HRO for $79.95 and same price on DX Engineering.
I would have purchased the meter from either of those sources, but I wanted to download the user manual first, so I clicked the "product website" link on the HRO page. I was surprised to find that MFJ was selling the same product for $39.00!
Normally the manufacturer direct price is at least the same as retail. I was just a tad suspicious, thinking that once I put the item into my shopping cart, the price would be higher, but that was not the case.
Shipping from MFJ for this item is $15, so the total price comes to $54, which is still substantially lower than either HRO or DX, and that doesn't include what those guys charge for shipping.

So I placed the order with MFJ. I just hope that they have it in stock, or it will be shortly, as I don't want to wait a month to get it. That said, this will be my first meter that covers the 70cm band, so I don't think waiting a few weeks will hurt, if it means saving at least $25.

I'll follow-up when the meter arrives.

'73
Frank
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »

I had the opposite happen recently! It pays to shop around.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 04:39:16 AM »

I think you may have gone off half-cocked on this one.  All it takes to figure out what is going on is to peruse the MFJ print catalog.  OBVIOUSLY the data entry person entered wrong pricing data.

KE2KB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »

I haven't received (or requested) a print catalog from anyone for a very long time. I didn't know that MFJ still printed one.
That said; If the web price was an error, they made good on it and sold me the meter for the price listed on the website.
I suppose it could have been a 'web special', but I didn't see anything to that effect.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:26:13 AM »

Still the same price.
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-873
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: