The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which rotors work well for remoting your station  (Read 7404 times)
KB6Y

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »

I'm looking to setup a remote station and need to purchase a rotor that can be remoted. Suggestions for, or problems encountered?
K9AQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 06:09:46 AM »

I use a Yaesu GMDXA1000.  Yaesu rotors have a port for a computer interface.  It requires either the optional Yaesu interface box, or a 3rd party.  I replaced my Yaesu controller with an MDS RC1 rotor, which is available from MFJ.  I replaced the Yaesu rotor box because the computer interface started acting flaky.  I then use PstRotor software for the computer control.

Don
K9AQ
K1UO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:44:41 PM »

Actually just about any rotor can be used.  I use a Yaesu GS1000 with the Green Heron Engineering server  to just about any type/Model rotor.Control but the Green Heron controller can be interfaced to just about any rotor.
W6IR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »

You can use just about any rotor with the ERC board available from vibroplex.com.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »

How you control the rotor is far more important than the rotor itself.It does NOT require an expensive control box such as a Green Heron either for most any of them.

Clayton
W4KVW
W9AC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

Get a rotator that will handle the antenna load and ensure that it's listed as a supported model in PstRotator software, the world's greatest software ever written.

My remote station uses a pair of K7NV reworked prop-pitch rotators with M2 PCX controllers.  The controllers are heavily modified to better withstand lightning damage.  There's a description of the changes on my QRZ.com page.

Paul, W9AC

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: