The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emtron Amplifiers  (Read 6682 times)
AE0Q

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »

Just because you don't see the web site, or aren't actually checking it and just saying this crap, Alpha does sell and ship amps.

OK, fingers type too slow.  What I meant above was, just because KA4DPO doesn't see the Alpha web site often enough (to note the in-stock listings) doesn't mean Alpha isn't selling and shipping amplifiers.  We are.

Glenn and V-NATCH Katie,
HP-O, MXB, MJB, XF, TKI
http://www.hoopsandjumps.com/
http://funagility.webs.com/
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »

As for Alpha, They are still showing the 9500 as being on backorder.  It's been like that for over a year now, supposedly waiting on parts.  If you can't get parts in over a year something is seriously wrong.  Also, the 8410 says there is only one in stock and that has also been the case for over six months or more. 

I see you have taken the opportunity to bash Alpha again, nice way to work that in, DPO.

Now, if you REALLY cared that much you would be checking the Alpha web site much more often, and you would have seen 9500 amps listed IN STOCK 3 times in the last month.  We only list them IN STOCK when in fact there is one tested and ready to ship.  They all sold, and when the next one is finished it too will be IN STOCK.  The same for the 8410 amps.  Just because you don't see the web site, or aren't actually checking it and just saying this crap, Alpha does sell and ship amps.

And yes, I do work at Alpha.  Just like I did last month and last year, every time you've worked in the innuendo that I don't.

Glenn AE0Q

In case you hadn't noticed this is a tread about Emcom amps.  You also missed that a lot of other manufacturers, not just you, were mentioned in this thread.

But since you chose to make a thing out of it, I actually have checked your company web site about every week since May of last year and nothing seems to have changed, the 9500 is still on backorder, but if you really are selling them like hotcakes then good on you. 

I also noticed that you were so intent on singling me out that you failed to notice there are a lot of other hams who don't feel comfortable about dropping eight grand on an amplifier made by a company that appears to be shaky regarding the ability to maintain and repair it long term. 

AFWIW, your thin skinned responses every time I mention Alpha makes the company look weak, if you are doing so great then why do you even care.
AE0Q

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:55 PM »

In case you hadn't noticed this is a tread about Emcom amps.  You also missed that a lot of other manufacturers, not just you, were mentioned in this thread.

Let's see, in Reply #12 _you_ mentioned Alpha in this thread about Emtron amps.  I'm only answering your untrue comments.

But since you chose to make a thing out of it, I actually have checked your company web site about every week since May of last year and nothing seems to have changed, the 9500 is still on backorder, but if you really are selling them like hotcakes then good on you.  

Just because you missed status changes of a product on a web site doesn't make your observations factual.

AFWIW, your thin skinned responses every time I mention Alpha makes the company look weak, if you are doing so great then why do you even care.

I think ANY company would correct untrue statements by a troll.  

Is that all retirement offers people?  Stating untrue things on the internet about companies?  Trolling on eHam and QRZ to get responses?

Geez, why don't you go on a motorcycle trip to some interesting place and write about it, or adopt a rescue dog and train it to have fun in it's life.  Your retirement life must be really empty and pathetic.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:42:22 PM by AE0Q » Logged

Glenn and V-NATCH Katie,
HP-O, MXB, MJB, XF, TKI
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »

In case you hadn't noticed this is a tread about Emcom amps.  You also missed that a lot of other manufacturers, not just you, were mentioned in this thread.

Let's see, in Reply #12 _you_ mentioned Alpha in this thread about Emtron amps.  I'm only answering your untrue comments.

Just because you missed status changes of a product on a web site doesn't make your observations factual.

Is that all retirement offers people?  Stating untrue things on the internet about companies?  Trolling on eHam and QRZ to get responses?

Geez, why don't you go on a motorcycle trip to some interesting place and write about it, or adopt a rescue dog and train it to have fun in it's life.  Your retirement life must be really empty and pathetic.

Look, if I say Ameritron is crap, or Acom stinks, they will not show up here demonizing me for talking about them, they have better things to do as successful companies.  

I have noticed that you seem to have singled me out as your protagonist yet there are plenty of hams who will say that they also think Alpha is on it's butt.  They have made similar posts here but you seem to ignore them and zero in on me.  We are having a discussion here and you tried to start a fight.  I already said, if you are flinging amps out the door the great, I doubt that but great.

As far as I know you are blowing smoke.  You don't advertise, and your own website says that your flagship amp is out of stock and you only have one lesser model left in stock, so what are we supposed to believe?  

You can keep talking all you want but all I know is what I see on your website.  I apologize if this upsets you but I am only telling the truth.  

Going to a DC Cobra rally next weekend and looking forward to working the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship at VIR in August so I don't need a life coach.  Anyway, I'll be looking for your ads in QST next month.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:48:51 PM by KA4DPO » Logged
AE0Q

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »

I'll just say it again.

I think ANY company would correct untrue statements on the internet by a troll.

There are plenty of Alpha RF Systems ads on QRZ.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:59:43 PM by AE0Q » Logged

Glenn and V-NATCH Katie,
HP-O, MXB, MJB, XF, TKI
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »

I'll just say it again.

OK, that's swell.  So what can you add to the Emcom mystery?  Do you know why they suddenly decided not to build amps in the US?  Do you know if they are still active in Australia?
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »

I'll just say it again.

OK, that's swell.  So what can you add to the Emcom mystery?  Do you know why they suddenly decided not to build amps in the US?  Do you know if they are still active in Australia?
I say this with no anger or malice intended, just a simple question:

Why don't you pick up the phone and call Mike Dishop directly?  He does answer his phone, you know.

I feel obligated to point out that he was asked this question, in one form or another, many times at Hamvention.  So many of us know the answer, or at least part of it.  

But... if I answer it, then you or others accuse me of being a fanboi, or pretending to know something I don't, or outright dismiss anything I say as full of malarkey and male bovine semi-solid animal waste byproducts.  So why should we bother answering you, when you're just going to dismiss and ignore the comments & insult us in the process anyway?

No, best you go directly to the source and hear it yourself.  You won't believe us, you won't believe the rank-and-file (Hi Glenn!), so if you can handle the truth... go to the top.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 02:18:33 AM »

I'll just say it again.

OK, that's swell.  So what can you add to the Emcom mystery?  Do you know why they suddenly decided not to build amps in the US?  Do you know if they are still active in Australia?
I say this with no anger or malice intended, just a simple question:

Why don't you pick up the phone and call Mike Dishop directly?  He does answer his phone, you know.

I feel obligated to point out that he was asked this question, in one form or another, many times at Hamvention.  So many of us know the answer, or at least part of it.  

But... if I answer it, then you or others accuse me of being a fanboi, or pretending to know something I don't, or outright dismiss anything I say as full of malarkey and male bovine semi-solid animal waste byproducts.  So why should we bother answering you, when you're just going to dismiss and ignore the comments & insult us in the process anyway?

No, best you go directly to the source and hear it yourself.  You won't believe us, you won't believe the rank-and-file (Hi Glenn!), so if you can handle the truth... go to the top.

The problem with calling Mike (if they even bother to try) is some will just say Mike is a liar. That way they don't have to change their negative narrative.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »

So far in this thread, no one seems to know anything about the state of EMTRON.
Art
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »

So far in this thread, no one seems to know anything about the state of EMTRON.
Art

You will find this in a previous thread Art;  "So many of us know the answer, or at least part of it. 
But... if I answer it, then you or others accuse me of being a fanboi, or pretending to know something I don't, or outright dismiss anything I say as full of malarkey and male bovine semi-solid animal waste byproducts. "

The answer itself is the only thing that is bovine excrement.  I mean, you know the answer but you can't share it because of ( insert nonsense excuse here).  That just makes me think that no one really knows anything and the response is just bloviating. 

Too bad, I know that the previous owner wanted his company to live on with someone who was committed to building the same high quality amplifiers.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »

Oh I see.

If we tell you, then we're fanbois and full of it and making things up to ingratiate ourselves, because we obviously don't know anything.

If we don't tell you, then we obviously don't know anything.

Since you've already made up your mind on the answers, why are you bothering to ask? 
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 09:51:59 AM »

Oh I see.

If we tell you, then we're fanbois and full of it and making things up to ingratiate ourselves, because we obviously don't know anything.

If we don't tell you, then we obviously don't know anything.

Since you've already made up your mind on the answers, why are you bothering to ask?  

For lmmediate Release:
(May 15,2015) Dishtronix lnc. an Ohio Corporation, announces that it has acquired the assets of the
Emtron brand from Emona Electronics Pty. Ltd., Sydney, NSW, Australia. Dishtronix will continue to
manufacture the well-known Emtron DX2sp and DX3sp vacuum tube RF power amplifiers in the United
States.
When asked for comment, Mr. Rudy Breznik, managing director of Emona Electronics stated that he had
" wanted to retire and do some other things but did not want to see my amplifiers go to someone who
could not do a good job continuing my 35 year tradition of quality and old world craftsmanship. ln all of
the world I could only think of one guy with the ability to do this.

This is what I know.  That was three years ago and there is still no sign of Emtron amplifiers anywhere.  So since W3WN has all of this inside knowledge perhaps he would like to share it with the rest of us.  I promise not to call you a fanboy or any other name, I just want to know what's going on.  I feel sorry for Rudy, I hope he is enjoying his retirement and is not too upset that his company got deep sixed.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »

Thanks DPO.  In the meantime ACOM and OM POWER are enjoying big sales in tube gear.  Hope the possible trade war will not impact their prices too much.
Art
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »

Thanks DPO.  In the meantime ACOM and OM POWER are enjoying big sales in tube gear.  Hope the possible trade war will not impact their prices too much.
Art

NP Art.  I just was wondering how such a very publicized deal went south almost immediately.   Acom makes nice products at very reasonable prices, I am afraid the trade war will increase the price of Chinese 8877's, that will impact everyone.  Even though the trend is toward solid state there is still a lot of room for tube gear in the QRO market.  Lets hope they hang in there because the 8877,  and even 3-500 tube amps are still more reliable.
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 07:53:38 AM »

NP Art.  I just was wondering how such a very publicized deal went south almost immediately.   Acom makes nice products at very reasonable prices, I am afraid the trade war will increase the price of Chinese 8877's, that will impact everyone.  Even though the trend is toward solid state there is still a lot of room for tube gear in the QRO market.  Lets hope they hang in there because the 8877,  and even 3-500 tube amps are still more reliable.

Now thats just rubbish, especially the notion that 3-500Z tubes are more reliable.

There is no LEGAL point purchasing a tube amp these days; heck, even the 'ancient' Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2.5Kfx with its "ever mysterious" already public domain PIC microprocessor can make well in excess of 2Kw. 

I mean, obviously I'm overlooking the unregulated 2.9kVa LINEAR power supply which might be hard to repair... and perhaps the lack of a combiner network and the usage of 2 currently produced MOSFETs may be challenging to work on... but heck, why worry about details?  Solid State is hard, right?

I love tubes as much as the next guy, but whats the point buying a NEW tube amp these days when modern solid state designs will do the legal limit and a bit more in every country in the world?  Not to mention the fact they offer unheard of levels of shack automation out of the box these days.

Unless you're wanting to enter the 'California Kilowatt' 4Kw+ Class, tube amps are dead.

The only tube amp on the market worth buying new as of today is the OM Power OM4000HF, and good luck powering that beast.  If you're into home brew, there is still some fun to be had with the 3CX3000A7.

Sorry, but its the truth.  Bought a solid stater, had the finals go due to an exciter, and had it fixed cheaper than a years' set of tubes for an AL-811H.  I'll never look back unless its to produce my 'dream amp', but I'll need to pick up an industrial sized 3 phase diesel generator cheap at auction first for it to be worth the effort.

Oh, and then there is the minor detail of needing to obtain some kind of experimental class license to even use it legally...  I'm sure with high power tube amps being cutting edge and all, the local regulator will be foaming at the mouth to help facilitate that...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:58:00 AM by VK3BL » Logged

J.D. Mitchell BA  - VK3BL / XU7AGA - https://www.youtube.com/ratemyradio - Honesty & Integrity
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: