The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Baofeng UV-5R Base Station  (Read 1998 times)
HP1GDS

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »

The issue is that i install a tram 1480 antenna, and test with two stations.

First Station about 10 kilometers: Receive me very good, and I receive it very good.

Second Station is about 15 kilometers.  In this test with this second station my transmission was very good.  But I can not Hear or receive his transmission.  Here is the weird issue. I only heard his transmission when i press MENU get to option No.1 (Squelch) hit in the option to select between 1 - 9. Only when i am in this step i can receive this transmission. When the menu close the transmission it is not heard.

Back to the First Station I only hear the station No.1 and nothing about the Station No2.

I know there are some issues in Baofeng that has been solved about squelch, firmware, beep on or off; but this is very weird.

Before this test, One month ago; i did some simplex test to both same stations from my car, in a different QTH, near from my Base station.

The issue is that in the test with tram 1480 antenna there were two stations at the same conditions for the test in almost the same time.  The nearest station 10 kmtrs everything fine. The farthest station is not received only if i stand over menu/squelch/ (Standing over that menu I receive) When the VFO / MR gets automatically outs. The receiving stops But with the Nearest station does not present this weird situation.

I think is an issue with the Baofeng Radio.
I will be gratefull about any solution for this CASE.

Best Regards.
George  HP1GDS
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »

Have you also tried pressing/holding the monitor button, to bypass the squelch setting and/or any preset CTCSS settings?

I would check the tone-squelch settings also.
KG7NJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 06:02:46 PM »

Have you redefined squelch settings via Chirp yet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: