The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W0EAJ Tom Dailey not answering phone or returning calls  (Read 4666 times)
N3PPH

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »

I sent Tom my ATAS 100 for repair after checking online and speaking to him on phone, this was back in March when I shipped. He answered his cell in May telling me that he is waiting for parts from Yaesu. I have been trying both of his listed numbers and his email since the end of May with no response. Living on disability I was not intending to donate a $400+ antenna to him. If anyone knows a way to contact him please let me know.
Bob N3PPH
N3PPH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »

As I have still not managed to contact him I change this to buyer beware. He will not answer any form of communication and still has my antenna.
 Angry
KG0DB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »

Tom recently had some health issues that may have "sidelined" him for a while.  He's a friend of mine and very reliable normally.
N3PPH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »

I have still not been able to contact him, no response to voice email or snail mail. I understand health issues as I have had my own, he should at least have someone respond as he was running a business and has a $400 antenna I can't afford to replace. If you have a way to contact him please do and forward this, Thank you.
Bob N3PPH
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

I've seen Tom occasionally at hamfests, but not lately.  He advertises regularly on the local swap lists.  Check this link for his ads, phone and email:

http://n0ara.org/wordpress/?page_id=19

They may be the same as you have, but perhaps not.
N3PPH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »

Thank you. I do have that number, called and left another voice mail. I see his ad was dated 9/7/18 and I have been trying to contact him for much longer than that. I am not sure what provoked him to have malice toward me but I see he is intentionally targeting me. It is disheartening to know that a ham would intentionally steal from a disabled ham.
Bob N3PPH
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 01:48:10 PM »

Just curious, any updates?
N3PPH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:52:15 PM »

Not really. I contacted Better Business Bureau, he would not answer them either, they have no enforcement power. Still waiting to hear from the state attorney general.

Bob N3PPH
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »

So sorry to hear all that...GL and keep us all posted.  Hopefully (sadly) something medical and a reasonable excuse I suppose otherwise....well....
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 12:43:06 PM »

His home is up for sale. so who knows...perhaps deceased...or in nursing home...sorry, couldn't help more...odd his website would not be updated...

https://www.nytimes.com/real-estate/usa/co/sedalia/homes-for-sale/1335-n-state-highway-67/2836-G7JB2D

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:45:58 PM by W0XX » Logged
N3PPH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »

According to qrz that is not the address 3783 N. Highway 67 SEDALIA, CO is. He has also listed items for sale after I have been trying to reach him. I appreciate the input but I do not think that is his house.

Bob N3PPH
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »

OKay, sorry.  Hope you get things sorted out.  Cheers
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »

More "comedy gold".  Smiley  Smiley

Tom KC0W
WD4CQ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 02:02:56 PM »

I sent Tom my ATAS 100 for repair after checking online and speaking to him on phone, this was back in March when I shipped. He answered his cell in May telling me that he is waiting for parts from Yaesu. I have been trying both of his listed numbers and his email since the end of May with no response. Living on disability I was not intending to donate a $400+ antenna to him. If anyone knows a way to contact him please let me know.
Bob N3PPH

I shipped my ATAS-120A to Tom Daily, W0EAJ after emailing him.  I expressed my concern after reading you're above compliant but he assured me to he would get my ATAS-120A and repair it.  According to USPS, He received my ATAS-120A on Nov 15, 2018.  I have every e-mail saved and only got one reply back on Nov 28, 2018, stating he was waiting for the nylon "followers" from Yaseu.  Since then I have not heard anything from Him. I have emailed and called "numerous" times.  Today is feb 13, 2019 and I have not heard any word, nor received any email after numerous calls and emails both to his home and cell number and to his email address to which he had said he was waiting for the nylon "followers" back in Nov 28, 2018 of last year.  I understand if there has been sickness, or God forbid something really bad has happened but I have not heard anything from him and I'm beginning to think I have now lost my $400 antenna. I never got any estimates nor replies since that one last email back in November and it is now Feb 13, 2019 as of this writing.  I too run/operate a repair business and I always keep my customers aware each week or at least every 2 weeks of the status of all repairs. I've not heard anything on my ATAS-120A repair in Months!!  No replies to my many calls and  emails. So it's not just happening to one person. Anyone have any info on Tom or want to verify my post feel free to email me via my callsign at ARRL dot net.  I'm really hoping that soon I will hear from Tom and get my ATAS-120A back repaired.  I will reply back here to my outcome.  If you see no reply then I've had no response! So be fore-warned. I always give time and patience to everyone but having sent my ATAS-120A via USPS on Nov 7, 2018 I still do not have my antenna repaired nor have I recieved any estimate nor a current status to my repair!  WD4CQ - Danny   (ARRL Lifetime Member)  New Bern, NC
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »

WD4CQ:

Call the Sedalia PD & ask them to do a "wellness" or "well being" check.

Explain the situation -- playing it by ear.

DO NOT IMPLY CRIMINAL CONDUCT!

N9LCD
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: