The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Web site for U.S. / VE 'Silent Key' look up  (Read 706 times)
K8MRS

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »

Many amateurs may find the following information helpful.  The National Silent Key Archive web site is available to look up a 'silent key' by a known call sign,  last name or known Qth City / State.
  This archive has been set up by Michael Carroll, N4MC, and you can access both U.S. and VE deceased amateurs.   Use this web site address  ~    www.silentkeyhq.com  and next 'click on' the U.S. / Canadian flag to enter.

The information you will find is made available by the efforts of folks like YOU to add your friends or known deceased amateurs.    The submission procedure is found in the menu area of this web site.

Maybe you remember someone who has gone 'sk' but he / she can not be found ?   An excellent international web site for finding grave sites is www.findagrave.com.   If you know the correct spelling of a person in question,   you possibly will get a correct year of birth and death.

On the National Silent Key Archive web site you will find possible station pictures,  a scanned Qsl card, and a life narrative or obit information.  Remember this is an open web site without subscription,  but submitted entries for a memorial must include an obit source which can be verified.

Please help to grow this excellent data base by adding your deceased amateur radio friend or possibly a licensed family member.

My State of Michigan now has 5,200 + entries.   Yes,  that is a lot of research and work,  but time well spent.                      Gordon      K8MRS     E-mail:   CSX230@CASAIR.NET
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:35:29 AM »

What a fantastic idea!  I couldn't believe I found my Elmer there.  He would be 100 years old if he were around today.  He gave me my Novice exam when I was 15 years old.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: