The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for low noise LED light strips  (Read 2444 times)
VK2LEE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 02:36:44 AM »

Hi, I  have strip LEDs around My shelves, I use a 12 volt DC Mirrabella brand of transformer that was made for the early 12 volt down lights. It is NOT a switch mode.. I also use a dimmer with it... with no problems.  I have used many of the clip on ferrite core shields on all the leads... No Noise at all now...Lee   VK2LEE 

28 years as VK2LEE - The 1st 3 letter L call ever issued - in 1986 -
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »

Try and find some of the newer COB (chip on board) design LED lighting products, these have less EMC issues than the old LED lighting designs that  you typically find dumped on ebay.

COB LED's produce better light efficiency hence need less energy intensive filthy switch mode power supplies.  The new generation of COB LED drivers also have much better EMC performance than the older generator of spark gap generator driver designs.

On some of the latest COD 230AC LED floodlights that i have tested i cant detect any emissions that are radiated from 0hz to 1ghz, they are very clean because in many cases there is no driver.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: