The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO comes through again....  (Read 1360 times)
K3GM

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

This is why I continually order from them:
I place an order for a piece of peripheral equipment.  It ships out of the Delaware store.  It's reported delivered less than 24 hrs. later, but apparently to the wrong address.  I called and reported it.  Ron at HRO says to wait a day to see if it turns up, which it doesn't.  Before I could call them the next morning, Ron calls ME back to get a status report, and immediately ships another unit out.  As luck would have it, the UPS driver delivering the replacement box recalled where he dropped the original box off, accepted the blame, and recovered the box, returning it to HRO.  This is customer service that goes above and beyond.  This wasn't a multi-$k order.  It was for a little over a hundred bucks.  But they treated me like I had spent a lot more, and this is why when I do place the big orders, I place them at HRO.  Thank you HRO Delaware.  Your customer service is amazing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:11:04 AM by K3GM » Logged
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »

Impressive !  I also have had very good customer service with our HRO here in Oakland.  I usually get my ham gear from them rather than mail order discount. 

Bob
K6UJ
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 02:55:14 PM »

Ditto HRO Salem NH which is about a 10 minute drive and also along my way to Walmart Roll Eyes

Carl
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

The guys at HRO Woodbridge, VA are also top notch!  Helpful on the phone or in person.  Recommended.

73, Rich, K3VAT
Winchester, VA
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »

I too am grateful to have HRO there in Oakland. They have done me and my hobby well over the years with my Icom R75, antennas, coax, A/D switches, a nice UTC wall clock etc. It's a fun day trip for this big kid. I am going there tomorrow to pick up an Icom R8600-they had the best price. But first it's lunch at the Hometown Buffet (strap on a bag!) then my gal likes to stop at one of the Walmarts out there as we have none this side of the Bay. And if time, might stop in Jack London Square to maybe catch some street-running train action (yeah I'm a geek with that too Grin)

Not a ham, but an avid hobbyist in HF world. All things, short of transmit happen in this shack.
NQ4T

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »

I bought my IC-7300 at HRO in Woodbridge last month...same day I bought my Kenwood TH-D74 and a bunch of stuff. I even told the guy straight up I wanted to do two seperate purchases to make it all fit on the card. "No problem".

Anyway, in my excitement, I didn't notice they forgot to pull the RTSystems package for the D74 (I realize Kenwood gives away the software that's apparently pretty good...but there's something to be said for using the same interface). Anyway...despite my excitement for the new toys I called down there. He remembered not pulling it and asked if I wanted to come back down and get it. I flat out said I wanted to play with my new radio and asked if he could ship it since I didn't exactly need it.

It was in my mailbox the next day.

Every time I've been down there the guys have been really nice and helpful. I typically go in there knowing what I want and have model numbers. When I bought my SDRPlay I told the guy "I want a SDRPlay and SMA-21"...he immediately perked up and said "I like someone who does his homework. I've had everyone coming in here not sure what SMA adapter they need."

Though I will say the woman that manages the stock-room and one of the part-time reps are members of my local club; though that's never netted me any benefits and doesn't affect my feelings toward the store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: