The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SP7IDX Lateness  (Read 2232 times)
W5MCU

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:45:42 AM »

I submitted a review of the SP7IDX Hexbeam antenna and eHam never published it, perhaps because the review was not about the antenna but the long wait and excuses given for it's non-arrival.

While many praise Waldi's work, I must say that as a company he leaves much to be desired.  I paid over $700 December 21, 2017 for the antenna.  It is August 14, 2018, almost 8 months later and nothing has shown up.  When I inquire about a shipping number or even shipper's name I get the same response, "Everything okay" or "it's in Customs".  I was born at night, but not last night.  Of course with out any paperwork I cannot check on the delivery status or the Customs status.

I think it's unhelpful for eHam to not print a review from someone that has ordered the antenna and not received it.  Isn't that part of a 'review'? 

Mark Underkofler, W5MCU
IK2JYW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:24:05 AM »

dear Mark,
the problem is also known in Italy. If you had not yet solved the problem, tell them that if do not fulfill his duties immediately, you will be forced to communicate everything to the Polish embassy. In doing so, the problem will be solved quickly. Also pay attention to the RF choke that does not guarantee the declared power.
I hope I have been helpful.
73 de ik2jyw-pier
K7LZR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »

You correctly answered your own question. eHam likely didn't publish your review because it wasn't a review of the antenna but rather the company. That sort of thing belongs right here.

Too often, so-called reviews on eHam turn into personal and highly subjective opinions of a product rather than factual and helpful information.

Eight months is a very long time to wait for a product such as a Hexbeam Sad. Let's hope that you either receive your antenna soon or get your money back......
W5MCU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 08:31:42 AM »

K7LZR, should the company's ability to supply a product be part of a review of the product?  It would seem to me when you are ordering a made-to-order antenna that the company's responsiveness, communication and ability to provide the product in a timely manner is as important as the product itself.  Perhaps not. 

As an update:  Waldi did respond last week.  No shipping information, just a promise to 'look into it'.  This I think was prompted by a PayPal inquiry that I started and as IK2JYW suggested contacting the Polish embasy (which I have not done).  Waldi promised again that the original antenna was sent and if couldn't be located a new one would be sent.  I'm hoping that would not take another 8 months!  My window with PayPal is 20 days and I'm hoping a resolution is at hand. 
IK2JYW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 03:11:52 AM »

Dear Mark,

of course, to communicate to the Polish embassy is the last chance but to communicate this decision has always solved the problems and obtained excellent results  Wink.
I hope it's like that for you too.

73 and GL de ik2jyw-pier
OH6I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 04:45:51 AM »

Mark,
this is from "Antennas and Towers and more" forum:
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,121029.0.html

Jari
OH6I
W5MCU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »

In my case I suspect Waldi is clever like a fox.  I attempted to file a PayPal claim, but you have to do it within 180 days of the purchase.  Waldi knows this and stalls long enough to duck having to refund.  Clever guy.
IK2JYW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 02:15:29 AM »

Dear Mark,
he's sly but not clever! usually the sly ones do not travel a long way  Wink.
http://arifidenza.it/FORUM/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=299788

A.D. by RO.EL.TVE alias ik2ckr thought he to bee intelligent but ... currently they do not have anymore news of its products. They said that the firm had closing  Grin  Grin  Grin. This is likely and saturday at the Ham Fest Montichiari, BS I will verify.
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,117009.0.html

An advice: you are protected by pay pal ... take advantage and look elsewhere.
At this point the decision is up to you.

GL de ik2jyw_pier
W5MCU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »

Another Update:  September 7, 2018, after more emails back and forth, Waldi has promised the antenna will arrive this coming Monday.  How he knows that and still hasn't given me any shipping information is beyond me.  He sent a picture of the antenna "see photo of your antenna how it left my factory".  Of course there is no shipping info on the package.  So we'll see.  For anyone ordering from him, understand he is a one-man band.  I understand quality takes time.  If the HexBeam was that complex say like a SteppIR or OptiBeam I'd have more empathy for his overwhelming demand and lack of human resources, but a few precut wires and fiberglass poles does not constitute an engineering sophistication that takes months to be produced. 

Here's an example of engineering complexity (at nearly the same price point):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL4ElboiuA
IK2JYW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 02:23:30 AM »

Excellent news Marco.
If it is true you are within the limits for compensation through pay pal but remember: do not lose the countdown and, at -1, the compensation procedure begins. Usually they need 15/20 days for the conclusion of the practice. So if in the meantime you get the antenna you have plenty of time to suspend compensation. Usually the paypal workers are always kind and available also by telephon so you could contact them and explain him to him your problems. They are at zero cost!
P.S. sorry for my english.
73 de ik2jyw-pier
W5MCU

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »

Update Sept 9, 2018:  Waldi assured me the antenna was arriving Monday Sept. 10, 2018.  After professing to not knowing where the antenna was, or that it was stuck in Customs, all of the sudden he knows exactly WHEN the antenna will arrive. 

The reason is simple.  He never sent the first antenna or it was indeed lost in shipping.  On September 7 he sent me a picture of my antenna package.  Low and behold, today I received a UPS International tracking number showing the antenna was sent September 6th from Poland and obviously sailed through Customs because it went through Poland, Germany and Lexington Kentucky USA in two days. 

Perhaps the original antenna got "lost".  I don't know.  Eight months of emails back and forth provided little hope of ever seeing either the antenna or the money.   I do firmly believe that nothing would have been done about this if I hadn't told Waldi (SP7IDX) that this thread in eHam.net had over 600 views and too much time had passed, PayPal would not be able to refund my $750.

As I initially stated, this is a cautionary tale about purchasing anything out of country and especially I've learned to keep track and pay by PayPal or credit card.  Never send cash or use Western Union or such. 

In my case I may actually receive the antenna.  Waldi assured me he is "no cheat".  With over 1000 of SP7IDX antennas out there I would say that is very likely true.  Waldi could not stay in business if you were doing this as a regular business practice.

W5MCU

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »

Smiley  Update September 11, 2018:  Waldi made good on his word that he is not a "cheat" (his words - not mine).  I received the HexBeam antenna that had been paid for on December 21, 2017.  True to his promise, it arrived yesterday September 10, 2018.  After months of saying "it's in Customs" etc. it finally arrived.  HOWEVER, it was not the antenna that was purportedly sent from the initial purchase. 

The antenna received was SENT from Poland September 7th and made it's way through Poland, Germany and delivered to my home in Texas, USA in three days!  No Customs holds - not even a Customs stamp or obvious examination.  So the "stuck in Customs" ruse is Waldi's way of stalling or explaining late deliveries.

I would suggest to Waldi if he sees this posting that he institute a new business plan.  Perhaps a 'Waiting List' that is updated online to assuage bad feelings and providing a way of tracking the antenna building process.  I know Waldi is an honorable man.  But really, 8 MONTHS?  Communication is important.  Especially when you've taken someone's money and made promises to provide a product.  Waldi has plenty of platforms for disseminating information and these vehicles could be used to mute any bad feelings that customers may acquire  during months of waiting.

From the reviews of his product I'm confident I will enjoy the antenna even though I definitely did not enjoy the process. Grin
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »

You went all the way to Poland for an antenna?

Why didn't you build one? Many have built the Hexx beam.

Kraus
IK2JYW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 02:34:15 AM »

Wow dear Mark,
all is well that ends well. I am happy that your "problem" has been solved  Smiley.
At this point good DX and I hope to hear you "on air"  Wink
73 de ik2jyw-pier
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 01:32:42 PM »

You shoulda sent Kraus over to get it!  After a few days of listening to him it would have been sent Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: