The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Great Experiences  (Read 1236 times)
K5VC

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

The three greatest experiences in my life:
1.) Winning my wife's hand in marriage.. Roll Eyes
2.) Earning my mathematics degree (I never thought I would graduate from college) Smiley
2.) Being granted a 1 x 2 vanity call sign on the first try... Shocked
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:45:59 AM »

Good Job..

Everyone have a wonderful day and be SAFE..73s
N5CM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 08:30:56 AM »

Congrats on the new call.  Given your luck, perhaps you should purchase a lottery ticket Grin

I applied for one and am anxiously awaiting the results of the drawing.
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:59:01 AM »

I don't know about your number three item.  I would have put "making my first million dollars" or "witnessing the birth of my child" at that level.  Amateur radio is just a hobby and pass time and wouldn't have ever entered my head as some great achievement.
K5VC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »

Hey KC2QYM thanks for your congratulations on me achieving a 1 x 2 call sign.  If, as you say, earning a 1 x 2 call sign is not "some great achievement," why in the hell don't you have one.  Don't give me that, "Oh, I don't need one or I'm happy with this one" BS... If amateur radio "is just a hobby and a past time," to you, then why in the hell would you waste your time getting a call sign?  That really does not make sense.  We ALL know that you really don't need a license to talk on the radio or CB. 

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:22:34 AM »

Hey KC2QYM thanks for your congratulations on me achieving a 1 x 2 call sign.  If, as you say, earning a 1 x 2 call sign is not "some great achievement," why in the hell don't you have one.  Don't give me that, "Oh, I don't need one or I'm happy with this one" BS... If amateur radio "is just a hobby and a past time," to you, then why in the hell would you waste your time getting a call sign?  That really does not make sense.  We ALL know that you really don't need a license to talk on the radio or CB. 

You come across as a miserable person.
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »

The three greatest experiences in my life:
1.) Winning my wife's hand in marriage.. Roll Eyes
2.) Earning my mathematics degree (I never thought I would graduate from college) Smiley
2.) Being granted a 1 x 2 vanity call sign on the first try... Shocked

Congratulations, as those are all great accomplishments.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »

Why limit yourself to three?  Grin
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 11:56:35 AM »

What I don't get is the "winning my wife" bit. Was there some sort of competition and what was second prize?

Anyway, here's mine:

1) The moment I opened my high school exam results and saw the certificates inside.

2) Passing the CW test first time, despite Concorde passing overhead during my sending test Smiley

3) Finding out that a man I intensely disliked had been found shot dead in his driveway with the keys still in the ignition of his Mercedes and his wallet still in his pocket with the contents intact. Someone wanted to send a message.

Peter DL8OV
W0WCA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »

To DL8OV:  Go Peter!!!
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »

Sounds like he was triggered, eh?
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »

I guess my answer would be that I don't need one or want one because I'm not that small nor do I believe it is an achievement of any kind. Maybe I'm not a ham radio cultist feeling compelled to differentiate myself with a 1x1. Maybe it's just not important to me as it appears to be for you. Maybe I have achieved greater things in my life and am happy with those achievements which certainly surpass getting a 1x1 call sign. By being happy with my achievements and weighing them against a 1x1 call sign boaster? That's not being a miserable person, that's just pointing out that it's not a real achievement unless you have nothing else to aim for.

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

I guess my answer would be that I don't need one or want one because I'm not that small nor do I believe it is an achievement of any kind. Maybe I'm not a ham radio cultist feeling compelled to differentiate myself with a 1x1. Maybe it's just not important to me as it appears to be for you. Maybe I have achieved greater things in my life and am happy with those achievements which certainly surpass getting a 1x1 call sign. By being happy with my achievements and weighing them against a 1x1 call sign boaster? That's not being a miserable person, that's just pointing out that it's not a real achievement unless you have nothing else to aim for.

You've misconstrued my post. Not sure how, since I quoted a single poster.

Regardless, I share your sentiment. No interest in vanity calls.
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »

1.  Going on 37 years with my wife.

2.  Passing the Mensa admissions test & using those results to gain admission to InterTel.  (My school BS & MBA grades weren't that great.)

3.  Curling 180 pounds.  (I'm 71 years old & weight 178.5!)

Passing both the Tech Plus & General tests on the first try  -- way down the list; achievements that don't matter outside of amateur radio.

N9LCD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: