The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Invader 200 or 2000 calibration information needed, help  (Read 615 times)
N4MQ

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »

The owners manual only has a top level calibration and many coils are not checked or adjusted.  Is there a calibration document that is for the entire transmitter??  Please let me know, I have the oscillators all working but There are several circuits that are not addressed and I would like to see if more info is out there.

None of the trimmers are discussed, another issue that needs addressing.

Thank you. Woody
W9ALD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »

You might call Ray at Electric Radio.  A few years ago I sent him my entire Johnson Invader file and it included the manufacturing test procedure from one of the old test technicians.  If he still has it perhaps you can talk him into copying it for you.

The mere presence of a signal is more important than it's magnitude.
N4MQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 04:23:45 AM »

Thank you, Ill look into that.   I am building the external power supply for my Invader 2000.  The exciter is now running and when this project is complete ( what ever that means to a ham ),  I have a few Invader 200's that I will restore.

Johnsons have been fun, I have now gotten a restored/running ranger running and also my Thunderbolt amplifier.  The Thunderbolt has an external power supply so that its chassis weight is only 65# now.  The supply is electronically switched on when transmitting saving some 400+ watts of standby heating from the bleeders, YES.  Enjoy W  Grin  Roll Eyes D Y

https://sites.google.com/view/n4mq-thunderbolt-amp/home
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: