The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N8JGG Stay Away  (Read 2599 times)
N8FVJ

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2018, 02:07:01 PM »

N8JGG wanted a Valiant I owned, but had no money. I stated what can you trade for. I traded an IC-730. Did not want it, but could sell it for less than  the Valiant was worth. He receives the Valiant that I stated needed the driver transformer installed, but rest of the Valiant was rebuilt. His tech was informed and would perform the installation.
He calls and states I sent him junk. The Valiant was in very good condition. To get rid of him I sent his radio back and he keeps the Valiant for free. Stay away from this guy! He will harass you on the phone!
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »

Actually the more I think about it, this guy is real rubbish. I handed the Valiant to his classy wife that he gave wrong directions to and put her 2 hours out of her way with 5 other women traveling to a resort. She said she will kill him when she gets home. Stay away!
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »

She said she will kill him when she gets home.
Well, there you go - problem solved!
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:29:44 AM »

But, the dishonorable POS owes me $400.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:20:21 AM »

Yes, this ham is a scumbag
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:48 AM »

If your going to buy/sell something, make a written contract for both to sign and agree too. Even if it is an "as is" sale. Then neither side can call a foul ball on the deal.

But make sure it has every possible detail laid out in specific terms. And make sure EVERYTHING is current and correct. Then you have a protection element that can be enforced.

Sorry to say handshake deals are a thing of the past, except maybe if both get together and know that things are as expected. Even then, saying it worked the last time he/she used it is no protection to you.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »

Scumbags abound. Beware of sob stories. Beware of fast shuffles. Don't give them the opportunity to be scumbags if possible: personal test/inspection of items and cash on the barrel head pretty much excludes a lot of scumbaggery. Don't travel too far; you have to be able to walk away from the deal with little loss and travel takes time and money. Inspections have to be thorough: I once got stuck with a rig wherein someone had epoxied the coil adjustments. I had to guess that they thought that would cure drift or something... even though the rig worked it was essentially a parts rig that I paid retail for.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »

Scumbags abound. Beware of sob stories. Beware of fast shuffles. Don't give them the opportunity to be scumbags if possible: personal test/inspection of items and cash on the barrel head pretty much excludes a lot of scumbaggery. Don't travel too far; you have to be able to walk away from the deal with little loss and travel takes time and money. Inspections have to be thorough: I once got stuck with a rig wherein someone had epoxied the coil adjustments. I had to guess that they thought that would cure drift or something... even though the rig worked it was essentially a parts rig that I paid retail for.

Yes, I am finished doing unknown hams favors. This ham took full advantage of me.
K6CKD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 03:34:15 PM »

When you make a transaction with 'anyone' not just hams,  assume you are going to get screwed. So protect yourself. Keep in mind that you are the only honest one in the transaction. Sometimes that's hard to do,  because you want to look like a 'nice' guy. Remember what they say about nice guys,  they come in last.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 08:00:54 AM »

When you make a transaction with 'anyone' not just hams,  assume you are going to get screwed. So protect yourself. Keep in mind that you are the only honest one in the transaction. Sometimes that's hard to do,  because you want to look like a 'nice' guy. Remember what they say about nice guys,  they come in last.

Here is picture. Looks honest. He is a very nasty man.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/g/n8jgg/IMG_4208.JPG
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 06:17:54 PM »

When you make a transaction with 'anyone' not just hams,  assume you are going to get screwed. So protect yourself. Keep in mind that you are the only honest one in the transaction. Sometimes that's hard to do,  because you want to look like a 'nice' guy. Remember what they say about nice guys,  they come in last.

Here is picture. Looks honest. He is a very nasty man.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/g/n8jgg/IMG_4208.JPG

Looks like he has a grandiose sense of entitlement, no?

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: