The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worse than HOA?  (Read 6386 times)
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2018, 06:07:06 AM »

Yup, the worst neighbor is one with similar interests.

A ham wanted to borrow my Bird meter. I said no, you'll turn the slug while transmitting and smoke it.

He said no I won't.

I said you're right because you ain't borrowing it.

Never loan tools.

Kraus

W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2018, 11:56:34 PM »

Pull the other one.

Your relatively small list of possibilities demonstrates
 just how many properties are indeed controlled
By HOA's: Thereby disproving your own premise.

And when I wish you "All the Best?"
I really am wishing you "All the Best."
Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »

Hmmm....

Tools and "Friends."

It's okay I think, to lend tools to Friends.

But sorting "Friends" from..... Friends?
That can be difficult...

One things For Sure, though:

When it comes to "Friends" and Tools?

Well, you can never have enough Tools.

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 03:06:00 AM »

A small list is huge compared to an empty list.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2018, 05:26:22 AM »

Pull the other one.

Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

You can try twisting it to fit your paradigm but he said there were "none" so by comparison to "none", it's an extensive list. A massive list when you consider it represents hundreds if not thousands of homes.

You ignored an explanation for your redundancy "best regards (73) and all the best". 
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2018, 06:33:54 AM »

Pull the other one.

Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

You can try twisting it to fit your paradigm but he said there were "none" so by comparison to "none", it's an extensive list. A massive list when you consider it represents hundreds if not thousands of homes.

You ignored an explanation for your redundancy "best regards (73) and all the best". 
Obviously you know more than the local realtors.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2018, 06:45:58 AM »

Pull the other one.

Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

local "realtors"? Now you have multiple?

We don't know more than local realtors - just more than the one you used on whom you based a false claim. All of which isn't intended to argue but rather to simply demonstrate many options exist if you do your due diligence.
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 07:20:24 AM »

Pull the other one.

Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill

local "realtors"? Now you have multiple?

We don't know more than local realtors - just more than the one you used on whom you based a false claim. All of which isn't intended to argue but rather to simply demonstrate many options exist if you do your due diligence.

I am a full time employee and my time to research homes for retirement is limited. I can only rely on the professionals I've been able to contact. After I retire, when I have the time perhaps my outcome will improve. I hope not to retire to Florida  but that's another story.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2018, 08:39:32 AM »

I am a full time employee and my time to research homes for retirement is limited. I can only rely on the professionals I've been able to contact. After I retire, when I have the time perhaps my outcome will improve. I hope not to retire to Florida  but that's another story.

I understand the lack of time. When we bought here, it was sight unseen because of the lack of time.

Again,my only point is that when you do a more thorough search, plenty of options exist where antennas are not prohibited, examples of which I listed earlier, so the hypothesis they don't is patently false.

Florida growth and real estate value are growing at unprecedented level so finding a home here which fits any criteria is easier now than ever. The real problem is finding a parking spot and avoiding traffic congestion.
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »

I haven't had the time to research the communities you've posted to see if any meet my criteria for a retirement residency. When I've had a look, I'll get back to you.

I understand the lack of time. When we bought here, it was sight unseen because of the lack of time.

Again,my only point is that when you do a more thorough search, plenty of options exist where antennas are not prohibited, examples of which I listed earlier, so the hypothesis they don't is patently false.

Florida growth and real estate value are growing at unprecedented level so finding a home here which fits any criteria is easier now than ever. The real problem is finding a parking spot and avoiding traffic congestion.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2018, 04:33:36 PM »

A few more years of the red algae blooms and you'll find some real coastal region FLA home bargains
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2018, 06:24:50 PM »

A few more years of the red algae blooms and you'll find some real coastal region FLA home bargains
I can understand the perception it is pervasive if you read/listen to the news media hype but in reality, it isn't anything unique for this time of year. Sensationalism sells. As do the ocean view homes for 7 figures, many of which coincidentally are in HOAs.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2018, 02:04:07 PM »

Yup, the worst neighbor is one with similar interests.

A ham wanted to borrow my Bird meter. I said no, you'll turn the slug while transmitting and smoke it.

He said no I won't.

I said you're right because you ain't borrowing it.

Never loan tools.

Kraus

Turning the slug (while transmitting) on a bird wattmeter (43) will not smoke the slug or meter.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: