The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's My CQ?  (Read 660 times)
W6EM

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »

I know I'm getting old, but no August and no September.  Are they still publishing?  Their website says so......

And, my subscription didn't run out....
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »

W6EM:

You're dealing with CQ & the USPS! 

Magazine / periodical rates are among the lowest rates -- you get what the publisher paid for.  Magazines & periodicals are generally handled AFTER the full price mail has been handled.  Kind of a "filler" when full price mail is a little.

A few years back, as treasurer of an arts group in Chicago, I had a member's dues take three months to come four city b;locks -- ABOUT A HALF MILE.

On the other hand, one Monday night I mailed some parts to a ham in Sweden.  That following Friday, I got his email acknowledging receipt.

Go figure!

N9LCD Huh
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »

It's CQ...  They had delivery problems back when I first got my license in 2011 and nothing's changed.  I subscribed for one year and that was the end of it.
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 07:46:43 AM »

It seems to run about a month late. I got aug  in early  sept. so just ignore the date on the front and enjoy. Its still a  really good mag, even if late. Not much is time sensitive..   maybe the  ham fest list,,but they now show much of the following month(which is usually the present month. )
I would think with the  diminishing  use or printed mags, the printers would be  begging for stuff to print.   Also  with no  ''printed by....'' on  each copy   there is no way to tell if it changes  month to month.  or maybe  by  area around the country.
some get there copies  much earlier than others.
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: