The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 7200  (Read 633 times)
W1GOV

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »

Has the ICOM 7200 been discontinued? According the Universal Radio website it is, but HRO and Gigaparts, at least are selling them.
VK2NZA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:53:51 PM »

W1GOV - I had understood that there was a component access difficulty requiring use of a substitute component for the IC 7200, it was off shelves for a while and returned shortly afterwards.
Also an upgrade? to the DC power input from a 6 pin to the newer 4 pin lug.
Having said that, I've just checked online 2 Australian distributors and it is not listed anymore.
If it is being discontinued its a shame as it is an excellent rig, I have had two, still have one for mobile use in an RV and will not be parting with it.

A further search has discovered a note on SWLing Post  by David Zantow stating that the rig is being discontinued for good this time and dealers are disposing of last stock.
I wonder if the pricing and or manufacturing cost is too close to the IC-7300 and sales have gravitated away to the IC-7300.

It is an entirely different animal to the IC-7300, more robust, case wise, and appeals to a different market.
A sad loss IMHO.
W1GOV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:17:34 PM »

I was thinking of one for portable operation. Wondering now if icom has something in the works to replace it.
KG5AHC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »

Even if Icom does make a replacement, I think the 7200 is a great radio that you would not be unhappy with.

About the only thing they could do different is make the front panel detachable. but that would probably increase the price. 

Get yours while they last!
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »

Sept 19th ... From the SWLing Post site ....

The Icom IC-7200 has been discontinued (yet again)
https://swling.com/blog/2018/09/the-icom-ic-7200-has-been-discontinued-yet-again/

73 de WA2ONH  <dit dit> ... Charlie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never be satisfied with what you know, only with what more you can find out"
Dr David Fairchild 1869-1954 US Scientist
W5TD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »

About the only thing they could do different is make the front panel detachable. but that would probably increase the price. 

And add a memory keyer in it, and a voice keyer, and a tuner.  The Yaesu FT450 has all of those things for less money.

73 John AF5CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: