The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-2000 & APRS Help  (Read 1159 times)
N0YE

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2002, 09:31:14 AM »

I am in need of some advice and assistance in using the Kenwood TS-2000 and APRS. Any and all help and advice welcome.

I am having problems getting this radio to use the internal t.n.c. with the APRS software that I have found. My computer us using Windows XP as the operating system, I am connected to serial com port #2.

The two programs that I have tried to use are WinAprs and Ui-View. Both do not appear to work. WinAprs doesn't allow saving settings until registered, first drawback when testing a program to see if it will work. I think I have the tnc in the radio configured right, although your suggestions here might be helpful as well. I set WinAprs up, however it never did appear to attempt to comminicate with the radio.

Ui-View setup appeared much better allowing me to save settings. Upon re-starting the program the lights on the TS-2000 did flash, indicating communication with the radio. When I try to send information through the software to transmit, it does key the transmitter although it doesn't appear to send any information. I used an ht tuned to 144.390 and all I heard was the transmitter key up, no other sound.

Any suggestions for other software, problem resoultion with Ui-View and proper settings for the menus in the TS-2000 would be of great help. Any other ideas that I might have missed would also be humbley accepted.

Thanks

James
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 09:05:16 PM »

James,
Menu 50B on the TS-2000, set that for 8 for VHF Packet.
If you also like to operate PSK on HF then it will need to be turned down to about 2 or 3 after VHF Packet use.

UI View works well, but think you need to register it to get full use.  Cost is about $12.00 to $15.00 USD.
Also join the TS-2000 egroup on Yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KenwoodTS-2000/
Someone posted a script file to use with UI View in the files section.
KF4ULD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »

Hello all.  I have problems using the TS-2000 sub band at 9600 on a VHF frequency.  My goal is to run an APRS Digipeater/Igate on 144.35 at 9600 using AWG Packet Engine and APRSIS32.  Has anyone gotten their TS-2000 working this way?  I want 9600 on VHF on 144.35 as while in my mobile on the 710G, I want to talk UHF on the right side of the radio and have the left side working VHF at 9600.  Please share your thoughts or even your solution with me if you have any.  Thanks all.

Matt / KF4ULD
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »

Hello all.  I have problems using the TS-2000 sub band at 9600 on a VHF frequency.  My goal is to run an APRS Digipeater/Igate on 144.35 at 9600 using AWG Packet Engine and APRSIS32.  Has anyone gotten their TS-2000 working this way?  I want 9600 on VHF on 144.35 as while in my mobile on the 710G, I want to talk UHF on the right side of the radio and have the left side working VHF at 9600.  Please share your thoughts or even your solution with me if you have any.  Thanks all.

Matt / KF4ULD

Hello Matt..

You should start a new thread in the APRS forum. Instead of posting (piggy backing) in a thread from 2002.

Look for 'New Topic' at the top.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: