The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clear the air  (Read 1695 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »

This is KC8KTN / Chuck I have been off the site for 7 days due to I wanted to take a break and also of taking care of my Mother who is in the hospital with alzheimer's and other issues.   I check the site from day to day and I see this Jazzman character is being thought of as me . I do not know Jazzman and I am not responsible for his  postings. So for all the few who have had a kangaroo court session and found me guilty shame on you. I just wanted to say i am innocent and again do not know or responsible for Jazzman topics or replys... Everyone have a Great Day and be Safe. 73s..

P.S. I also Talked/ Emailed  to Mike N2MG whom is Awesome and knows and can Verify I am not this Jazzman Character Everyone thanks for your time and Understanding..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:45:53 PM by KC8KTN » Logged
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 05:26:26 AM »

What you describe is **WHY** I don't like eham's policy of allowing aliases.  If we can't post without identifying who we are, then we don't deserve to post.  And, it should be a licensed amateur-only site.
I try to practice what I preach by ignoring posts from those hiding behind aliases.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:01:35 AM »

Non-licensed individuals should be allowed to participate if they actually have something constructive to contribute to discussions, moreso if they're working on obtaining a license.

Trolls and troublemakers should immediately be squelched, especially if they're using a proxy service to mask their identity.

It isn't hard to figure this out.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »

We have one of the 'hide behind a stupid name' on a reflector I use - which requires the use of Christian name, surname and callsign in the message header. He is, I am led to believe, about to be banned for not following the rules for use.....on the basis of 'our reflector, our rules.'
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 08:36:03 AM »

I tend to agree, the usage of alias's does tend to generate troll like posts.

New forum members actually using the forum to assist in earning their license should be in a "monitored" category, of course, that will increase the Monitors workload.

OTOH, We all are using private property here and can only recommend the forum rules/procedures.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:28 AM »

No call, no posting privileges; read only access.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:58:40 AM by K3GM » Logged
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »

This is kc8ktn I am at Hospital now . The site people can see I am using the hospitals network. Everyone have a Blessed day and be safe. 73s
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 09:29:57 AM »

KC8KTN  Chuck, love him or hate him. He at least is a stand up guy and uses his callsign. I don't much care for the anonymous posters either. I am not 100 percent sure what to do about them, but I feel this  causes the disruption in the manner of "hi I am FISHHEADBOB and you can never know who I am or where I am and I can shoot my mouth off and say whatever I please with no consequences."

I think this anonymity leads to a lot of things said that should not be said, and a lot of bad feelings.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:10 AM »

KC8KTN  Chuck, love him or hate him. He at least is a stand up guy and uses his callsign. I don't much care for the anonymous posters either. I am not 100 percent sure what to do about them, but I feel this  causes the disruption in the manner of "hi I am FISHHEADBOB and you can never know who I am or where I am and I can shoot my mouth off and say whatever I please with no consequences."

I think this anonymity leads to a lot of things said that should not be said, and a lot of bad feelings.

I agree on all counts. Although I don't always like his posts, KTN does stand behind his posts and I respect that. And allowing anonymous sign-ons does seem to enable the few who who enjoy being anonymous (cowardly) trolls

I check the site from day to day and I see this Jazzman character is being thought of as me.

My comments were in jest, and I apologize if I caused you any offense. 
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »

I have KTN and Jazzman on the IGNORE list....because I don't care for KTN's posts even though I do give him credit for using his call.

JAZZMAN in on the IGNORE list because he contributes NOTHING while hiding behind a "handle."  Actually, he isn't a ham but as I told him before, a ham ticket doesn't prove you know it all.  JAZZMAN seems to use eHam for a chat channel.

Bottom line...my vote....no call; no post.  Of course I understand my "vote" will go to the same place as my vote against Obama.

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »

I'd like to know the thoughts of the site owners on this topic. The one reason that I can see for allowing non-licensed hams on is to let someone who isn't a ham ask questions about the hobby. As for SWL listeners (who aren't hams) there are other forums on the internets for them to use.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »

I'd like to know the thoughts of the site owners on this topic. The one reason that I can see for allowing non-licensed hams on is to let someone who isn't a ham ask questions about the hobby. As for SWL listeners (who aren't hams) there are other forums on the internets for them to use.

How about this for an idea:  The only reservation I have to a complete ban on anonymity is that there are folks waiting on their license and SWL's that may become hams some day that want to ask legitimate questions.  Maybe one way to combat the anonymity is to force those that use a handle instead of a callsign to post in the clear their name and address when you do a lookup on them.  Every one of us that use a callsign are by default posting our real name and our real address which can be looked up in lots of places including the FCC database which is open to the public.

So you could be "FISHHEADBOB" on eham, but when I click on fishheadbob, I expect to see a name and an address or you are in read only mode. Maybe this would help.  We enforce this by letting fishheadbob be read only, with no posting until he receives a postcard from the moderator with the code that changes his status from read only to ability to post.  This insures the name and address he gave is real. Or at least makes it a lot more likely.  for the JIZMEN of the world, that don't want to post any details, they can go play elsewhere. We don't need them or their disruptions.  The price of the postcard and the time to fill it out will be paid for by fishheadbob when he buys a subscription to eham.
JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 05:32:12 PM »

This is KC8KTN / Chuck I have been off the site for 7 days due to I wanted to take a break and also of taking care of my Mother who is in the hospital with alzheimer's and other issues.   I check the site from day to day and I see this Jazzman character is being thought of as me . I do not know Jazzman and I am not responsible for his  postings. So for all the few who have had a kangaroo court session and found me guilty shame on you. I just wanted to say i am innocent and again do not know or responsible for Jazzman topics or replys... Everyone have a Great Day and be Safe. 73s..

P.S. I also Talked/ Emailed  to Mike N2MG whom is Awesome and knows and can Verify I am not this Jazzman Character Everyone thanks for your time and Understanding..

Chuck I am very sorry to hear about your Mom.  I have had similar health issues with my family as well so I do know what you are going through.  This is just a ham radio forum don't let it get you upset. 
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 11:54:39 PM »

Wow it seems funny that the two hams holding Kangaroo court over me (WZ7U and K9MHZ)  saying I was Jazzman are not saying much hmm they allways seem to know so much about me. I also noticed they got a lot of topics locked out something they accused me of doing  WOW i guess it is different.  The w.t.t.c club strikes again. Nuff Said. Keeping it real. Everyone please be safe and Enjoy the hobby. 73s
Eric Eric and Bradly Bradly shame shame.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:08:11 AM by KC8KTN » Logged
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 05:26:36 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: