The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK petition for amateur aerial exemption  (Read 1824 times)
W1BR

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:49 AM »

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202179

as info....
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:50:45 AM »

How embarassing would this be, if the Queen's subjects get approval but the former colonials can't get anything into law.
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:06:32 AM »

That petition is going nowhere, apart from a dead end.

Planning for antennas here is a joke. I've got two 30 foot poles up supporting my doublet, strictly speaking I should apply for planning permission for them. Any antenna pole over 1 metre above the roofline and over 1 cubic metre in size needs planning permission.

Standing on our patio looking across our little valley I can see a forest of metalwork sticking up above the roofs with TV antenna on top, some as much as 15 to 20 feet above the roof, which puts them as much as 45 feet to the top on a two storey house, so if the planning department come knocking I want to know why I need planning permission when everyone else in the district doesn't, as far as I'm concerned they have set a precedence on allowing them.

I can understand restrictions in conservation areas, but my 1955 built bungalow (single storey house) doesn't come under that.

G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »

While I am obviously in favour of relaxing the legislation on planning for radio antennas, the wording of the petition is too open for it to be considered. If hams could erect any antenna they wanted, you would have 100 foot towers in postage stamp size gardens on housing estates, it just won't happen.

73 Dave
VR2AX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:07 AM »

Agree - it has the feel of speaking to the gate post so that the cow will hear you.

Permission and enforcement are not necessarily the same.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »

How embarassing would this be, if the Queen's subjects get approval but the former colonials can't get anything into law.

Actually I would have been more embarrassed had the last version in congress become a law.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »

Actually I would have been more embarrassed had the last version in congress become a law.
The last version would have created a big problem out of a rather small problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: