The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H.R. 555 ARPA, What's Happening???  (Read 1746 times)
KN6SD

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »

My latest information: H.R. 555 was attached to H.R.6147 along with 39 other Bills.. It appears the Senate passed their version of H.R.6147 without all of the trailer Bills... So it looks like another conference committee will be scheduled to settle the differences in 6147...

Does anyone have any insider information about the Amateur Radio Parity Act's current status???

NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:41:34 PM »

My latest information: H.R. 555 was attached to H.R.6147 along with 39 other Bills..

A search of Congress.gov shows only 8 bills that contain the term "amateur radio".  A couple of those have to do with FCC fees and not related to ARPA.

The only ones containing ARPA, that come up as active legislation in the current sessions of Congress are:

HR 555 and S 1534, which were the initial ARPA stand-alone bills which we know are not going to go anywhere.

HR 5515 - As we know, it was in an early House version but was dropped in the House-Senate conference and is not in the final bill.

HR 6147 - FY19 Appropriations. As with HR 5515, ARPA was in the House version but not in the Senate amendment.  It will almost certainly be dropped in conference since the Senate doesn't want it and the House sponsors have not shown much interest in fighting for it.

and

HR 6258 - which was introduced in the House some time ago but hasn't moved. One of the FY19 appropriations bills. ARPA in this bill will probably expeirence the same fate as all the other attempts.

I can't find "39 other bills".  Since you seem to have "latest information", could you list those bills please? ... and the source of your information so we can know how reliable it is?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:53:33 PM by NN4RH » Logged
N5PZJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »

My latest information: H.R. 555 was attached to H.R.6147 along with 39 other Bills..

A search of Congress.gov shows only 8 bills that contain the term "amateur radio".  A couple of those have to do with FCC fees and not related to ARPA.

The only ones containing ARPA, that come up as active legislation in the current sessions of Congress are:

HR 555 and S 1534, which were the initial ARPA stand-alone bills which we know are not going to go anywhere.

HR 5515 - As we know, it was in an early House version but was dropped in the House-Senate conference and is not in the final bill.

HR 6147 - FY19 Appropriations. As with HR 5515, ARPA was in the House version but not in the Senate amendment.  It will almost certainly be dropped in conference since the Senate doesn't want it and the House sponsors have not shown much interest in fighting for it.

and

HR 6258 - which was introduced in the House some time ago but hasn't moved. One of the FY19 appropriations bills. ARPA in this bill will probably expeirence the same fate as all the other attempts.

I can't find "39 other bills".  Since you seem to have "latest information", could you list those bills please? ... and the source of your information so we can know how reliable it is?

Here is the Source:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6147/related-bills

These Bills were place in the back sections, the Financial Bills are what get greasy in Congress, the Congressional Shenanigans on this bill are not as noticeable as the defense bills since Congress was in a hurry to get a deal done, since the most money Bills fly under the radar and Sen.  Nelson is not on any Committees this time, we will see how this fares.  The Republican Policy Bunch have put this bill on a favorable must pass list.  Congress is basically in recess, so there will not be a lot time to debate details, this is when bills get passed by "bus".  My Senator, Mr. Kennedy LA, is receptive to Amateur Parity and he sees it favorably.   time will tell.

KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:55:01 AM »

and

Scroll down this page https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6147/related-bills , you'll see the related Bills...

Russ
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:56:54 AM »

and

Here is the Source:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6147/related-bills

These Bills were place in the back sections, the Financial Bills are what get greasy in Congress, the Congressional Shenanigans on this bill are not as noticeable as the defense bills since Congress was in a hurry to get a deal done, since the most money Bills fly under the radar and Sen.  Nelson is not on any Committees this time, we will see how this fares.  The Republican Policy Bunch have put this bill on a favorable must pass list.  Congress is basically in recess, so there will not be a lot time to debate details, this is when bills get passed by "bus".  My Senator, Mr. Kennedy LA, is receptive to Amateur Parity and he sees it favorably.   time will tell.

Thank you for the update...

Russ
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »

My latest information: H.R. 555 was attached to H.R.6147 along with 39 other Bills.. It appears the Senate passed their version of H.R.6147 without all of the trailer Bills... So it looks like another conference committee will be scheduled to settle the differences in 6147...

Does anyone have any insider information about the Amateur Radio Parity Act's current status???

Anyone hear the latest about H.R. 6147??? Is ARPA still in the Bill as of 10/21/18???
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: