The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JK Antennas Lousy Service  (Read 1104 times)
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 07:19:21 AM »

Good to hear that you’re happy now Steve.

Jay’s got some good products in his inventory.

Tim
WD8NPL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 06:23:31 PM »

As I said before Tim-wasn't unhappy to begin with.
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »

Not sure how a happy person creates a flame thread. Kind of defeats the concept that someone wasn't happy with something and thus feels the need to flame in public? Your point is lost on me Steve,  I actually own those products and am happy with Ken's overall service. As I've stated I've had Ken not get back to me when he's said he would, but like myself he's not perfect.

Jay does a fine job representing JK's products too and he brings a lot of history to the table as I for one have been using his products since 2001. Even Jay has not gotten back to me on a stack model... do I flame him? No... I appreciate his willingness and if I need it in a hurry I'd be more persistent. Again, nobody is perfect.

I find that most times people say negative things and not positive when they go to the internet to "prove a point". Might be a generational thing, but I rather talk positive and talk my negatives directly to someone instead of randomly creating a flame thread without at least CC'ing it to the party it's directed at.

Tim / N6WIN.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 06:58:47 PM »

JK makes good stuff. He is tough to chase. We've seen this before. Buy from Jay

Hi Jay can I flame you Smiley Hope all is well
WD8NPL

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »

Tim-No one questions the quality of the product but you obviously have a lot to learn about what constitutes good customer service and how retail sales work. You may enlighten yourself if you check into it with some sales managers etc. We do agree on one thing-Jay does a great job and commits the necessary time and effort to stay on top of things unlike JK. Ken had every opportunity to communicate the same exact thing Jay did but chose not to-that says it all. I will be more than happy to engage you here as long as you like. You keep referring to this "bashing" and "flaming" yet this forum is clearly a venue to express good and bad experiences-nothing more and nothing less...Get over it.
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

Steve, I'll keep this post very simple and straight forward. You seem to presume to know a lot. I don't agree with you. I disagree with you quite a lot hence my posts. I would not sell you any product if I was running either business. You seem to be a bad customer of which there are indeed such people in the world.

Being that I am not running a business to sell you a product I have a moot point. I hope that you are happy with whatever you choose in whatever time frame that you choose to do it in as it would not be my headache in what I can imagine to be the lead up and end user support.

JK is not a retail business. He's a small boutique custom business where the owner is a man of many hats. To keep his prices down to make a quality product at lower prices I can imagine that he's not employing a lot of people. I really feel that you've missed that here. Maybe if that's all that's missing here it might resolve our difference in opinion?

Tim
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:32:56 PM by N6WIN » Logged
N0AV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »

I am a satisfied customer of both JK Antennas and Array Solutions. They both are small businesses with somewhat limited resources and both have served me well, Jay for over 20 years. When I decided to upgrade antennas I emailed Ken for some information and received a quick reply, which was followed up by a phone call. He wanted information on my specific situation, wanting to make sure he recommended the right antennas for my needs. He looked at my current configuration and took plenty of time to explain my options without a hard sell approach. He had a backlog of orders due to the Dayton hamfest and didn’t promise something he could not deliver. I know he is busy...VERY busy. I know how this works as I work for a small business (work for..NOT own). When you have a great product as Ken does it is difficult to reply to every email and every call as quickly as one would like. Sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day and things fall through the cracks. I for one am very pleased with Ken, his service before and after the sale and the antennas I bought from him.

Jim N0AV
WD8NPL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

Tim,

I call your attention to the following link:smallbusiness.chron.com/differences-between-boutique-retail-store-80438.html. A boutique business is merely a form of retail business/sales. I of course don't want you to take my word for it-look for yourself and do some research. Since I began this thread you seem to have some type of unhealthy obsession with me. There were at least a couple other posts who had the same issue with JK yet you have chosen to engage in your petulence repeatedly with only me. Let's be clear about something- I don't give a damn what you think of me one way or the other and will not sleep any different tonight whatever your opinion. I posted something you did not agree with. That's fine however you continue your oral dysentery about how I bash and flame JK. To give you some more perspective I recently contacted Tom Schmenger DF2BO of Optibeam concerning a question on a 9-2 WARC that I currently own. I received a reply back within hours even though he was on vacation with his wife. I apologized to him for interrupting his vacation. His reply? No problem at all since that is how he keeps up with his emails. He doesn't just talk the talk. I don't think his operation is any bigger or smaller than  the one we are discussing however there is a world of difference between how each responds. As I said before-you need to get over it. If you wish to continue your personal attacks on me then we will take this to the next level. Your choice.
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 05:56:10 PM »

Steve, you started a thread and now it's not convenient for you to get the responses. That makes a much sense as your "point".

Yes, take it to this next amazing level... from behind your keyboard as you began with. Also makes a lot of sense.

Just be nice and happy that Tom is giving you what you seem to need.

Tim.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:58:15 PM by N6WIN » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 06:09:12 PM »

If you wish to continue your personal attacks on me then we will take this to the next level. Your choice.

That's rather amusing and uncalled for. But telling...
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »

Thank you Vince.
WD8NPL

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 06:03:39 AM »

Well Tim somehow I figured you would not be able to let things go. Glad your buddy finds this amusing. Go ahead and continue your diatribe. You demonstrate cleaqrly just what a consummate ass acts like.
N6WIN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »

Steve, I’ve never met Vince before. Maybe your outlook on things is why you’re having such a tough time and feel like trash talking a business and other hams online?

Calling someone you’ve never met and aren’t in the same room with such a name isn’t exactly mature to match your longevity on this earth is it? I do, however, feel that it proves my point of who started this thread.

I can only wonder how you communicate with businesses that provide “lousy service” in your mind?

Tim
WD8NPL

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »

As they say- if the shoe fits...continue on with your dribble. Perhaps you are the one here with an underlying affliction that will not allow you to just let things go.
N5KO
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »

This topic has run its course and is locked.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: