The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Heil's Exemplary Personal Service  (Read 498 times)
N3EON

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »

I am the proud owner of three Heil mikes, all of which have served me well during my 50+ year ham career.  I've tried other mikes, but always come back to Heil products because they simply work for me.  Recently, I was having an issue adjusting my Yaesu FTdx1200 equalization settings with my Heil PR-781. I read Bob's guidance on the Heil website which was very helpful, but I was still receiving audio reports that led me to believe my audio could be improved.  Finally, I decided to go to the source, Bob himself, for his input.  Bob responded to my email within a few hours and asked me to provide him with my current audio settings.  I prepared a table of my settings along with Yaesu's default settings and sent them to Bob.  Again, within a few hours, Bob responded with specific recommendations along with explanations and rationale.  He busted some practices that I (and other hams) have used, pointing out that there were better options.  Once I made the audio setting changes Bob recommended, I went on the air and received several excellent audio reports.  In this world where corporate indifference to customers is becoming the norm, it is reassuring to know that none other than the head of a company would devote time to helping one of his many customers.  I'm sure many other hams have had similar experiences with Bob.  Bob is a real treasure to the ham radio community and I simply want to share my experience with others and thank Bob for taking the time to help out an old-timer.
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:19:25 AM »

Never bought a Heil product but once in a while curiosity means that I have technical questions. Each one has been answered by Bob himself and I get the feeling that this is a company you should do business with.

Peter DL8OV
VA1CQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »

I still have the remnants of an old Heil headset from the 1990s. It served me extremely well in operating from in and on the other side of the Pacific and as a mini-entrant in many contests. The headset is now in tatters with earpiece foam disintegrated and not of much use any longer. But this is mostly due to the hard physical use it was put through while travelling, not due to any lack in quality. When I become active again in another year or two, I will definitely look to Heil to see what they are making now. I'll bet it is still among the top brands.
W9TAM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »

I, too, have a Heil headset that I bought from another ham as part of a sale with an HF rig and several accessories. I had no problem getting replacement ear pads and foam covers from GigaParts for less than $15. This headset is probably 20 years old and still works well. I continue to get great audio reports and do not yet see a reason to replace it.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »

I bought a microphone and cable for a Kenwood radio from Bob Heil at Dayton, that was in 2001.  I had a problem with the cable so I called and the lady I spoke with could not have been nicer.  She said she was sending me a new cable an to just send the defective one back when I had time.  I have bought several other products from them since then and they are always friendly and helpful.

The Heil company has always had great service and still do.  If every ham radio supplier had customer service like Heil sound, there would never be a complaint on this, or any other site. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: