The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neigbor Compliant MUST Read This ONE  (Read 9208 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:36 AM »

She had a look of a dear in head lights.

Randy
W9RTB

Just curious - what exactly does a "dear" look like?

My wife for one.
Mine too but my point was to show how silly it is to make fun of other people implying they are dumb while misusing elementary school words/grammar.

yu sa i was sopos to lern sumpin in dat dar elementary school? i ses to ya I nawt know dat. Was kinda bisy wid stuf on da farm. dem books was hod to red. da not get da korn in to.

Please...Give the guy a break. When your perfect, then you can complain about the little mistakes of others.
I didn't intend to make fun of him but rather show the irony in him doing so.
And not that it matters but I think you meant "you're perfect" rather than "your perfect".

And yes, none of us is perfect.

But you just can't help but do it anyway. You lost the irony argument when you had to do it again. Now it is nit picking for argument. But that's what nit picking usually is unless you are being graded on an exam by a bona fide teacher in a bona fide class. Dis aint no clas. dats fer sur.

When your perfect then try again. I like that better then you're nit picky version. LOL

That's why I don't correct people's words. I am not perfect and do not expect others to be perfect. If I can figure it out from context...never going to get an argument from me.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 08:27:44 AM »

[quote aucthor=W9FIB link=topic=122682.msg1103558#msg1103558 date=1544038824]

Randy
W9RTB

My wife for one.
Mine too but my point was to show how silly it is to make fun of other people implying they are dumb while misusing elementary school words/grammar.

yu sa i was sopos to lern sumpin in dat dar elementary school? i ses to ya I nawt know dat. Was kinda bisy wid stuf on da farm. dem books was hod to red. da not get da korn in to.

Please...Give the guy a break. When your perfect, then you can complain about the little mistakes of others.
I didn't intend to make fun of him but rather show the irony in him doing so.
And not that it matters but I think you meant "you're perfect" rather than "your perfect".

And yes, none of us is perfect.

But you just can't help but do it anyway. You lost the irony argument when you had to do it again. Now it is nit picking for argument. But that's what nit picking usually is unless you are being graded on an exam by a bona fide teacher in a bona fide class. Dis aint no clas. dats fer sur.

When your perfect then try again. I like that better then you're nit picky version. LOL

That's why I don't correct people's words. I am not perfect and do not expect others to be perfect. If I can figure it out from context...never going to get an argument from me.
[/quote]
Let's review - I agreed with you and you still want to argue. What's wrong with that picture?
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 09:01:05 AM »

Must be a full moon.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 11:23:13 AM »

Let's review - I agreed with you and you still want to argue. What's wrong with that picture?

Pays to quit while your ahead...now that's irony. LOL

Or better yet, don't nit pick everyone. See what it started?

73, Stan
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »

Must be a full moon.

It is always full...you just can't see it as such all the time. Except for an eclipse. Then for a brief time it is not fully lit on the side facing the sun. Astronomy 101 stuff...

73, Stan
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2018, 11:58:07 AM »

Oh the irony, 

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
K6JH

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »

Maybe some of us use a cellphone with autocorrect. I know I'm always going back and editing posts when it autocorrects me to something I didn't intend.

Jim K6JH
W3UC

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »

They do that till they decide your responsible for their..... husbands low semen count ,....
What you do with their husband behind closed doors is your buisness .... Grin  lol
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »

Maybe some of us use a cellphone with autocorrect. I know I'm always going back and editing posts when it autocorrects me to something I didn't intend.

That is the first thing I turn off when I get any device that has it auto "correct."   

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
W9RTB

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2018, 10:03:19 PM »

No big deal. I checked some of his recent postings and found some errors in the use of quotation marks.
Randy
W9rtb
K1VSK

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2018, 07:25:52 AM »

No big deal. I checked some of his recent postings and found some errors in the use of quotation marks.
Randy
W9rtb

So you went searching at some effort and time just to find fault, albeit trivial? Interesting...
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2018, 07:30:26 AM »

Randy
W9rtb

So you went searching at some effort and time just to find fault, albeit trivial? Interesting...

Sounds familiar...

73, Stan
K4PIH

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2018, 07:43:40 AM »

Well maybe not Russians transmitting on the train tracks, but there are (or were) actual transmissions over the rails. mentioning radio coming in over appliances, I used to be in a band that played county rock. There was an AM station within 100 yards of our drummers house. We could clearly hear the radio station over our amplifiers and would play along with the music as part of our practice. Sometimes it can work to ones advantage.
AF7JA

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »

Well maybe not Russians transmitting on the train tracks, but there are (or were) actual transmissions over the rails. mentioning radio coming in over appliances, I used to be in a band that played county rock. There was an AM station within 100 yards of our drummers house. We could clearly hear the radio station over our amplifiers and would play along with the music as part of our practice. Sometimes it can work to ones advantage.

When I was in High School (admittedly many years ago, but all of the places mentioned still exist) I worked at the community theatre a lot. When we wanted some music I would just turn up the amplifier. Even with no radio connected we would pick up the local AM station.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

Randy
W9RTB
Like a doe.  You know... doe, a dear, a female dear...   Cheesy
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: