The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neigbor Compliant MUST Read This ONE  (Read 9209 times)
DU7SJF

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2019, 07:36:00 AM »

Actually it is up to the neighbor to prove it is from you.

But...you can nicely point out we don't broadcast music on ham radio, and if you only know English, that would rule out other languages.

Also keep a log of when you are on the air. If the times and dates don't match, it's not you either.

Just keep it friendly and let them do the work. But always try to assist if they ask.
The problem is, it is not just a Part 97 issue. For Part 97, no problem, she must show you are interfering with her radio/tv etc. appliances and even if you were, you are a licensed user and she must accept the interference in most cases if you meet the technical regulations. Your real problem is with the HOA who probably knows nothing about radio. If she complains to them at their board meeting, they might consider revoking your permission and your permission probably even has conditions not to interfere with neighbors etc. and that would include any devices, Part 15 or anything. So it is really on you to stop her from complaining to them about you or you will end up trying to teach communications theory to the HOA to convince them it is not you. Other posters here say it is on her to prove you are in the wrong but not so. With restrictive covenants, you can be and are guilty until proven innocent. They do not have to follow the Constitution; you waived away those rights when you signed up to follow them and it is a civil matter. She says she only hears the noises when you are there but not when you are gone; big problem. No matter what, when you are gone again, she probably will not hear them. You might have to trick her into thinking you were there, then she hears the noises, then prove beyond a doubt you were gone or vice versa. In ham radio, they don't teach us to be psychologists so I can only wish you the best of luck.
W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:59 PM »

All the more reason to remove HOA from the equation entirely.
Good Luck with Gladys.

73 DE W8LV

K1VSC

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »

Well do you have a Local AM Radio station? I do about 3 miles away, and I'll be damned if it doesn't get into my TV and FM receiver from time to time! I know the owner of the station so we get a chuckle out of it! He has since fixed it, but it was a cause of neighbors looking at my house!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: