The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FL101 puzzle.  (Read 708 times)
ZL1BDA

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2018, 07:32:31 PM »

Good Day All! I have just spent well over an hour poring over a circuit diagram of an Yaesu FL101 I am trying to fix up.
The problem appears to be with relay #1 and its control circuit. Look as i might I CANNOT find the coil of RL1 ANYWHERE on the diagram.
All the contacts are accounted for , but No coil. Before I go even more insane, has any kind person come across this problem and are they able to direct me to the right area. It is clear that the relay is not being actuated. Oddly enough I just a few months ago had a similar problem with my TS820s , but Kenwoods diagrams are clearer. And it turned out to be a switching transistor. Shocked Huh
Regards Cliff Wright.
KE0ZU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

Its at the bottom left of the schematic, between PB-1412 and PB-1405.  Just below the switch assembly and to the right of the EXT VFO connector, J7.   Found it by following the PTT line at the upper left edge of the schematic.

Regards, Mike
https://mikeharrison.smugmug.com/
Pics and bold print are usually links.
ZL1BDA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

Cor Blimey!!! Thanks Mike. Right where I should have seen it right away. I must say though that Yaesu are not up to the same standard as Kenwood when it comes to documenting their gear.
Will get onto it this afternoon. Many Thanks indeed.
My poor old eyes didn't get past all those contacts obviously.
Regards Cliff Wright.
AC2EU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »

Cor Blimey!!! Thanks Mike. Right where I should have seen it right away. I must say though that Yaesu are not up to the same standard as Kenwood when it comes to documenting their gear.
Will get onto it this afternoon. Many Thanks indeed.
My poor old eyes didn't get past all those contacts obviously.
Regards Cliff Wright.

Had to google "cor blimey" ...  Grin

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 12:58:36 AM »

I must say though that Yaesu are not up to the same standard as Kenwood when it comes to documenting their gear.

Just try the FT102! The relationship between the documentation and the radio in some production series is more than a bit nebulous....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: