The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which age bracket has the most hams  (Read 1316 times)
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »

First of all this is not click bait I thought it is a valid ?. Second W.T.T.C strikes again. Third the example of 18-22 was an example. I am guessing the upper age brackets will hold the majority.  Anyway everyone please be safe and Enjoy the hobby.

Jesus please give help to those who need it. Also keep me focused.
I see the problem. You thought you thought.

Is there an echo in here?
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 04:44:19 PM »

Very much like you Gary.

What was his call that the FCC cancelled?

KX4NB. Right?

Actually is was K1lem that the FCC canceled. Some sort of interference violations.
KX4NB was terminated about a week after it was issued. He figured if he tested back up to extra in one day that the fcc would not catch it

some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »

So who is he, k1lem or kx4nb?
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »

So who is he, k1lem or kx4nb?

Both, he was also W1IT

some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 05:05:01 PM »

KM1H: Carl, do you still make the Clipperton L parasitic suppressor kit?  Sorry, but I have no other way of reaching you except chasing you around here. K3GM
What does Tom have to do with this?
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »

I no longer make up kits and what I have used has changed over the years as component technology has improved.

A 47 Ohm Ohmite OY series resistor and 4T of  #16 or 14 wire spaced the length of the resistor (with a little clearance) is what is needed. Or reuse the original coil. Mouser caries the resistors.
 https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ohmite/OY470KE?qs=4xFWqV%252bPbrFZLdMsv5xGJA%3d%3d

Carl
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:39:00 PM by KM1H » Logged
JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 07:13:29 AM »

Carl this gentleman posted this a few days ago I think it was and I did not know if you saw it that is why I posted it. 

JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 07:27:15 AM »

First of all this is not click bait I thought it is a valid ?. Second W.T.T.C strikes again. Third the example of 18-22 was an example. I am guessing the upper age brackets will hold the majority.  Anyway everyone please be safe and Enjoy the hobby.

Sorry if I was saying 18-22 year olds are out of the scene here but like you said the upper age brackets will probably hold the majority.  I think the only way to get more NEW people in the hobby is to get rid of the test or just a basic test that will give you everything the Extra has now with a fee of course.  Realistically it's the only way ham radio is going to survive and radio companies as well.  To me what I hear on the air are not 18-22 year olds I can tell ya that. 

Good question Chuck. 

VE3PP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »

Well I just ate my lunch too.  We have a lot in common.  But to answer your question 18 to 22 year olds really?  I think from the on air stuff I hear and on this site 50 to 80 years old.  Angry old men.  

God be with you my Son.  

Sadly a few of those angry old men spend far too much time causing interference to those who actually enjoy the hobby.

Playing recordings of other hams, music, roosters crowing etc etc. 7.180-7.210 seems to be the hot spot where the idiots who cause the interference operate.

Too bad the FCC would not clean up the bands and get rid of the clowns who have nothing better to do with their time than interfere with hams who want to enjoy the hobby.
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »

Sorry if I was saying 18-22 year olds are out of the scene here but like you said the upper age brackets will probably hold the majority.  I think the only way to get more NEW people in the hobby is to get rid of the test or just a basic test that will give you everything the Extra has now with a fee of course.  Realistically it's the only way ham radio is going to survive and radio companies as well.  To me what I hear on the air are not 18-22 year olds I can tell ya that. 

Good question Chuck. 

Of course if people with terminated licenses like you would stay off the air maybe more young peole would get involved.
If I heard some of the stuff you have done on the air when I went for my licenese I probably wouldn't have.

JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 07:46:13 AM »

Sadly a few of those angry old men spend far too much time causing interference to those who actually enjoy the hobby.

Playing recordings of other hams, music, roosters crowing etc etc. 7.180-7.210 seems to be the hot spot where the idiots who cause the interference operate.

Too bad the FCC would not clean up the bands and get rid of the clowns who have nothing better to do with their time than interfere with hams who want to enjoy the hobby.

Yes it is very sad to hear on the air but I don't think the FCC has the resources or maybe Ham radio is not a huge priority for them.  I do not see it getting any better and that is sad.  About the only place you can go now without it is CW especially around the SKCC Frequencies.  They always seem to be nice and slow and actually using a Key.  

Good points and God Bless!!
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 07:49:53 AM »

Yes it is very sad to hear on the air but I don't think the FCC has the resources or maybe Ham radio is not a huge priority for them.  I do not see it getting any better and that is sad.  About the only place you can go now without it is CW especially around the SKCC Frequencies.  They always seem to be nice and slow and actually using a Key.  

Good points and God Bless!!

Ham radio was enough of a priority for the FCC to terminate your last license. O

JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 07:52:55 AM »

Ham radio was enough of a priority for the FCC to terminate your last license. O

Who are you referring to? 
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 07:53:33 AM »

You
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=4077373

JAZZMAN

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »

Who is you?  And what is this link? 
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: