The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamtronics  (Read 477 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »

Looks like we lost another good company and a fine engineer.

Sent: Friday, November 9, 2018 12:00 PM
To: Redacted
Subject: RE: Order - Second E-mail - More Info

Sadly, the owner/engineer of Hamtronics, which was basically a one-person business, passed away due to complications from a bicycling accident. As a result, we are unable to fill any orders or respond to any inquiries.

> The Family

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:37:57 AM »

I knew company/they/he were was gone but didn't know the reason. Thanks. Great stuff.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »

That is too bad. He made some great stuff.
AF8JC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »

For those that may be interested, Jerry Vogt (Gerald Francis Vogt) callsign WA2GCF was the founder of Hamtronics (yes, there were other hams involved). In October of 2016 he was in a bicycling accident that led to his death in November of 2017. He was 74 years old at the time of his death, so it is reasonable that he had his bike accident when 73! The picture next to his obituary shows a much younger looking man, but it looks like he has a headrest behind him indicating the larger, high-backed, wheelchairs. He was very active in the ham community of the Rochester area. I believe he was also good friends with Lou Parascondola (W1QJ) and we discussed Jerry when I visited with Lou for my Henry amp repair. Lou is a great guy and I bet Jerry was too. At the time I was visiting, I think Lou may have said there was some interest in acquiring the assets of Hamtronics and keeping it going.

link to obit: https://obits.democratandchronicle.com/obituaries/democratandchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=jerry-vogt&pid=187343356
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:06:54 AM by AF8JC » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: