The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec  (Read 4690 times)
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »

I admire the tenacity of those who replied, however I have yet to see anybody provide a reasonable explanation for the points I raised. Ten-Tec may be producing commercial equipment but their amateur radio range of transceivers are now outdated and unavailable for purchase. To their credit they are still servicing the rigs that they sold, but once the custom parts such as LCD displays are used up this arm of the business will also shut up shop.

Peter DL8OV

Well put.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 09:33:18 AM »

Must be a slow day.  Time to bash the new Ten Tec start up and hopefully announce a premature funeral. Sad.  Get a life.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:09 AM »

Must be a slow day.  Time to bash the new Ten Tec start up and hopefully announce a premature funeral. Sad.  Get a life.

If you had a life you wouldn't be here. Roll Eyes

I do agree that it is like bashing Hallicrafters.  Same difference.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »

I have more of a life than being an internet troll looking for companies to bash. 
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 10:01:34 AM »

I have more of a life than being an internet troll looking for companies to bash. 

OK, then please either show me, and everyone else, where in this thread I bashed Ten Tec or get lost. 

If not then you are the troll.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »

I completely forgot about Ten Tec.  Why did someone have to bring up this subject again?
Art
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »

OK, then please either show me, and everyone else, where in this thread I bashed Ten Tec or get lost. 

With every breath you make, with every post you make... continually degenerating the new Ten Tec by equating to the old company.  And you know it.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44:29 AM »

It's not dead until the horse has been beaten on eHam...
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 12:10:32 PM »

I completely forgot about Ten Tec.  Why did someone have to bring up this subject again?
Art

Last week I attempted to order a new Ten-Tec Eagle on behalf of an amateur who has limited skills in English. After four days I finally gave up and wrote the original post on Eham. I'm a Ten-Tec owner myself and would have loved to see them survive but now I know that this is not the case. Maybe this makes me an Internet troll, I don't know, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Peter DL8OV
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »

You know the scene, it's been shown countless times on TV, the doctors try their best to save a patient but then the person in charge looks up and says 'I'm calling it, patient dead at 12:05.

Well, nobody put me in charge but I'm calling it anyway, Ten-Tec is dead on the table.

1) The web pages have not been updated for well over a year.

2) The 'store' on the web page shows twelve items and only one of those is a ham transceiver.

3) It's impossible to purchase an Eagle, an Omni or an Argonaut, even direct from the factory.

4) The last news update was in February 2017 when we were shown some pictures of PCB production and one image of a large shed with no sign above the door.

5) Although Ten-Tec did have a stand at Xenia I understand that it was nothing special and they had very little to sell apart from microphones.

6) Searching at HRO, Hamcity, Gigaparts and Universal Radio shows only second hand items and microphone cables

As a Ten-Tec rig owner I mourn their passing, but they're gone.

Peter DL8OV
Again?

You and the rest of the Premature Funeral Committee do like to beat this dead horse time after time, don't you?

Give it a rest!
AE5GT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »

OOOPs , missed a spot  Shocked. Still a little fresh meat left on this one. 
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 03:50:52 PM »

OOOPs , missed a spot  Shocked. Still a little fresh meat left on this one. 

LOL Guess there will be something there to beat for a while yet since the company is still in business. Including on a limited basis Ham Radio.

TT-1 Funeral Committee-0

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »

With every breath you make, with every post you make... continually degenerating the new Ten Tec by equating to the old company.  And you know it.

Like I thought, you have nothing.  I have not made one single denigrating statement about Ten Tec in this thread or you would have posted it.  Someone asked a question and I answered it. 

You my friend are an internet troll.

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »

You know the scene, it's been shown countless times on TV, the doctors try their best to save a patient but then the person in charge looks up and says 'I'm calling it, patient dead at 12:05.

Well, nobody put me in charge but I'm calling it anyway, Ten-Tec is dead on the table.

1) The web pages have not been updated for well over a year.

2) The 'store' on the web page shows twelve items and only one of those is a ham transceiver.

3) It's impossible to purchase an Eagle, an Omni or an Argonaut, even direct from the factory.

4) The last news update was in February 2017 when we were shown some pictures of PCB production and one image of a large shed with no sign above the door.

5) Although Ten-Tec did have a stand at Xenia I understand that it was nothing special and they had very little to sell apart from microphones.

6) Searching at HRO, Hamcity, Gigaparts and Universal Radio shows only second hand items and microphone cables

As a Ten-Tec rig owner I mourn their passing, but they're gone.

Peter DL8OV
Again?

Give it a rest!

Why? Because you say so?? 

You do that a lot, jump into these threads all indignant over nothing.  I mean if you owned stock in the company I could understand your angst you are ridiculous.  You're just some guy with an opinion, same as everyone else.  Do us a favor and give it a rest so we can discuss this like grown ups without your sanctimonious rubbish about funeral committees.   
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 02:10:20 AM »

Do us a favor and give it a rest so we can discuss this like grown ups without your sanctimonious rubbish about funeral committees.   

a. What is being discussed? Just the same old tired argument as to whether a company is alive or dead based on whether they produce ham radio equipment or not. Sorry, but being raised by a small business owner, and looking at TT; the company is still servicing their product, they are still selling TT brand equipment that may not be HR product, has a physical facility that they operate out of, exchanges goods and services for money, and pays any and all required taxes still constitutes a business entity.

So how "grown up" is it to say TT is dead? How "grown up" is it to base a wide reaching conclusion that something that is proven not true by a myriad of proof, i.e. namely TT company is dead? Does changing business models and the end product being changed really constitute the complete death of a company and be a "grown up" thing to say?

b. How is it sanctimonious rubbish when someone's opinion  of your "grown ups discussion" leads them to conclude that the only thing left are funeral committees to bury an entity that is not dead yet? A look back in other threads based around the life or death of TT uses words like "dead", "closed", "out of business", etc. One can conclude that some who use those words repeatedly could constitute a funeral committee due to some people repeating words that are, from a simple business standpoint, not true. While funeral committee may not be the best description of this group, it does summarize the opinion that can be formed from that "grown ups discussion".

The only "sanctimonious rubbish" I can see are generalized opinions that do not match up to the facts. "Give it a rest" is a personal opinion that neither supports or challenges the "grown ups discussion". So maybe it is "sanctimonious rubbish" to conclude that the opinion of another free thinking human who would like the world to move on to bigger and better subjects could be "sanctimonious rubbish".

But alas, this opinion will be considered by some as "sanctimonious rubbish" as well. But that's OK. I just consider those who would render such consideration as "funeral committee members". Works both ways boys and girls!

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: