The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec  (Read 2479 times)
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 03:20:23 AM »

I completely forgot about Ten Tec.  Why did someone have to bring up this subject again?
Art

Last week I attempted to order a new Ten-Tec Eagle on behalf of an amateur who has limited skills in English. After four days I finally gave up and wrote the original post on Eham. I'm a Ten-Tec owner myself and would have loved to see them survive but now I know that this is not the case. Maybe this makes me an Internet troll, I don't know, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Peter DL8OV

Hi Peter, I thought Mike said he was going to start producing Eagles again around this time/end of the year. I am surprised you are not able to order one as I know he was looking for buyers for the first production run.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »

When TT starts putting radios on the market, certain we will hear about it....until then..not much to say or post so.....
(just sayin).... Huh
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

I completely forgot about Ten Tec.  Why did someone have to bring up this subject again?
Art

Last week I attempted to order a new Ten-Tec Eagle on behalf of an amateur who has limited skills in English. After four days I finally gave up and wrote the original post on Eham. I'm a Ten-Tec owner myself and would have loved to see them survive but now I know that this is not the case. Maybe this makes me an Internet troll, I don't know, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Peter DL8OV

Hi Peter, I thought Mike said he was going to start producing Eagles again around this time/end of the year. I am surprised you are not able to order one as I know he was looking for buyers for the first production run.

On the 2nd of August the owner posted that he had 10  Omni 7+ rigs built and ready, and enough material to build a hundred more but he was waiting to see if the 10 on hand sold before committing to building more.  That made sense, because he doesn't want to pour resources into the Omni 7+ if they are not going to sell.   I have not heard if anyone has bought one of the ten that were mentioned or not.  I would think if someone had bought one they would have posted about it on at least one of several sites. 

Also, there is nothing in the way of advertising, at least none that I can find right now.   Don't see any ads in QST or on any of the amateur radio chat boards so who knows what the status of those radios is.
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 06:51:42 PM »

On the 2nd of August the owner posted that he had 10  Omni 7+ rigs built and ready, and enough material to build a hundred more but he was waiting to see if the 10 on hand sold before committing to building more.  That made sense, because he doesn't want to pour resources into the Omni 7+ if they are not going to sell.   I have not heard if anyone has bought one of the ten that were mentioned or not.  I would think if someone had bought one they would have posted about it on at least one of several sites.  

Close but not quite right.  Here's what N8WFF posted in QRZ on August 2 regarding the Omni 7+.  

For completeness, folks should read the whole post:  https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/is-ten-tec-still-in-business.622713/page-8#post-4752917

I stated that the updated Omni 7+ will be the first thing brought back. We've finished the sheet metal work and will place ten units up for sale sometime in the last quarter of this year. I will see how they sell and decide what to do next. A lot of people have said to me that if I make them available they will buy one. I'm doing my part to do what I said I will do. Now I will see if others will keep their promise to me.

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »

On the 2nd of August the owner posted that he had 10  Omni 7+ rigs built and ready, and enough material to build a hundred more but he was waiting to see if the 10 on hand sold before committing to building more.  That made sense, because he doesn't want to pour resources into the Omni 7+ if they are not going to sell.   I have not heard if anyone has bought one of the ten that were mentioned or not.  I would think if someone had bought one they would have posted about it on at least one of several sites.  

Close but not quite right.  Here's what N8WFF posted in QRZ on August 2 regarding the Omni 7+.  

For completeness, folks should read the whole post:  https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/is-ten-tec-still-in-business.622713/page-8#post-4752917

I stated that the updated Omni 7+ will be the first thing brought back. We've finished the sheet metal work and will place ten units up for sale sometime in the last quarter of this year. I will see how they sell and decide what to do next. A lot of people have said to me that if I make them available they will buy one. I'm doing my part to do what I said I will do. Now I will see if others will keep their promise to me.

And five posts later, his last post in the very same thread:

I'd like to counter the point that we are a specialty manufacturer of one offs. Look at the surface mount facility article. We have the capability of producing thousands and thousands of units. It is all a question of supply and demand. I said ten units of the Omni 7+ because that is what I have built up right now. I've got material to build a hundred more. Is it worth it to build them if the ten don't sell?

I didn't pluck that out of thin air but for completeness folks should read the whole post and compare it to the one quoted by NN4RH just to see if there are any inconsistencies between them.   https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/is-ten-tec-still-in-business.622713/page-9  

He also talks about a High Speed Sweep mod that can be installed in existing Omni 7's.

And just in case no one got the memo, we are in the last quarter of this year right now.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:53:11 PM by KA4DPO » Logged
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 05:02:52 AM »

Actually, we are half-way through the quarter. It's almost over.

Also, can you order the Omni 7+ transceivers on the website? How does a company sell anything if the website cannot accept the orders?
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 06:20:33 AM »

Actually, we are half-way through the quarter. It's almost over.

Also, can you order the Omni 7+ transceivers on the website? How does a company sell anything if the website cannot accept the orders?

Phone system is not obsolete yet.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2018, 08:14:23 AM »

I'm possibly interested in an Omni 7. FWIW, on 08-Oct-2018 I inquired through their web site and the same-day response was:

We hope to have the Omni VII in production within the next 2 months.
Thanks
Sales
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »

I'm possibly interested in an Omni 7. FWIW, on 08-Oct-2018 I inquired through their web site and the same-day response was:

Thanks
Sales

If you are serious you should contact this guy ASAP.  He says it is brand new, never used and the price is very attractive.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/new-omni-vii.635000/
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 04:14:21 AM »

That is so 20th Century. Yuck.
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 05:54:29 AM »

Thanks
Sales

Also:
1. The check is in the mail.
2. I will respect you in the morning.
3. There will be no changes after the acquisition.

John

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »

Don't have a modern phone then? Poor excuse for laziness.

Besides, your a ham...talk to someone.

73, Stan
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »

What good is a phone?  Who are you going to call?

Here is the contact page, do you see a phone number anywhere?
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »

https://www.tentec.com/?page_id=12

No phone number.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2018, 05:02:49 PM »

https://www.tentec.com/?page_id=12

No phone number.

Well I found a number in .13 seconds on google. But apparently they no longer want to talk to people anymore as the listed number says its no longer in service. Oh well. Guess Mike got sick of people calling and telling him how to run HIS business. Can't say I blame him. Too many armchair CEOs out there.

73, Stan
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: