The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clairemont Radio Repair  (Read 299 times)
W0XX

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:00:13 AM »

Had sent my radio to Clairemont to repair a minor issue, and was charged $230 (not counting my shipping to them).  Got the radio back, same issue persists (wasn't repaired).  Radio top and bottom covers also scratched significantly while there, and was return shipped with no wrap around the radio like I had sent it.  So, out $45 to ship it there, $230 to basically do little to it (some of the nit pick other issues are still issues - main issue was not repaired), asked for a partical refund at least, no response.  So, ended up sending it else where to a more capable repair source.  Not happy. 
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »

Really disappointed Bill didn't stand up and refund some of the funds for doing little to nothing on the radio.  So, not again in the future for me.  Adios.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »

Under product reviews the first section deals with Amateur Radio Equipment Repair and their ratings. Clairmont Skyland Radio Repair is already listed there. That would be a better place to post your complaint as more hams go there before picking a repair facility.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:12 PM »

Also aware.  However, this is also Company Reviews.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: