The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort wayne Indiana Hamfest Nov 17-18 Worth the trip from Indy?  (Read 1362 times)
N9MXY

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »

Years ago this was a nice decent sized event but seems to me I was there 5yrs back and it was down to nothing.  I'm thinking about checking it out tomorrow anybody attended lately?
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »

Guess I'll follow up with my own report.  Grin  Decent size flea market, Maybe 120 tables.  Not many vendors, Arrived 45 min before the doors opened and parking was free.  Great venue!  Clean, heated and roomy.  Chairs were provided through out the fleamarket so you could take a break without hitting the concession area. ARRL was on hand giving presentations and license testing was available.

I spent about $50 and saved about $75 so I'm calling it a worthwhile trip!
AF8JC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »

I have attended Ft Wayne hamfest for the last 6 years. It is one of the better attended hamfests and it has an  excellent venue. Parking is $6 (not connected to the hamfest) and admission is $6. It doesn't seem to have the vendor support that it used to, and attendance seems to be down. On the other hand, flea market items seem plentiful and reasonably priced. It is 2-1/2 hours each way for me, but I think it is worth attending and will probably continue to do so. It is large enough that I have to sit down and rest my legs after a while. I'm guessing that internet purchasing is having an effect on whether it makes sense for vendors to load up and drive to any hamfest. It may very well be that these smaller hamfests will turn into flea-market venues, probably how they started.
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:35:23 PM »

As far as the vendors, I overheard Roger from R&L saying that they have stopped going to most of the smaller fests because the breakeven point is higher than what they normally bring in.  I got there 45Min early and the parking was free!  Grin
K5UJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »

Does anyone know who the fellow was selling tennis ball launchers there?  He was over in the commercial vendor area.  I can't find his business anywhere on-line. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: