The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving to All.  (Read 507 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »

Everyone please be safe and enjoy the holiday weekend . I hope everyone can spend GOOD TIMES with there family. I also hope all the hams out here can enjoy some good ham radio on the holidays. The past few years the bands were quite on Thanksgiving.  Happy Thanksgiving to all. 73s
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:36:21 PM »

I think you meant the bands were " Quiet."
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 05:19:39 AM »

Happy thanksgiving a day late!!

That misspelling of Quiet is quite common.

I'll just quit while I'm ahead

some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 06:59:40 AM »

Thanksgiving will last as long as there are still leftovers!  Grin
Happy Black Friday.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »

The UK joke is that Thanksgiving is actually September 9th, being when they left!

Apparently, two of them went to the school that some 360 years later, I went to. The school was derived from one founded in 989 for the education of the sons of yeomen and gentlemen: we reckoned the teaching hadn't advanced from that date.....
K1FBI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »

Stupid joke. If they were really happy of the departure, we could have avoided the Revolutionary War.  Roll Eyes
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »

The UK joke is that Thanksgiving is actually September 9th, being when they left!

Apparently, two of them went to the school that some 360 years later, I went to. The school was derived from one founded in 989 for the education of the sons of yeomen and gentlemen: we reckoned the teaching hadn't advanced from that date.....

Funny. My daughter resides in England and is surprised by the number of Americans who ask her if, "they celebrate Thanksgiving over there?"
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 01:21:37 AM »

Some of us even celebrate July 4th with a dinner of Chicken Maryland, bacon rolls, corn fritters and fried bananas. With a glass of Wild Turkey afterwards...But we do not celebrate Thanksgiving - the big date for us in November is the 5th, although it isn't a public holiday. This year in particular, the stores are going BIG on 'Black Friday', possibly because the retail trade has been relatively poor this year, with so many people buying on line rather than in person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: