The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Term ham leaves negative impression  (Read 5943 times)
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2019, 04:18:10 AM »

The folks in my neighborhood that know about ham radio are very rare any more.  Most reside in the cemetery.  Most of the current residents think that the yagi on my tower is for receiving TV from the UK or Canada.  Millennial's only know about their pricey cell phone and social media. 
Art

I like Millennials. They are so bad at math. They just get frustrated and give me back too much change. If you own a business never put a Millennial on the cash register.

Want to cripple the millennial generation?  Change all fonts to cursive and make all cars with manual transmissions.

They’ll look it up on YouTube and figure it out in about 10 minutes.  Wanna cripple baby boomers? Ask them to show a basic level of respect to service workers.
Get back to work, McDonald’s is paying you to work and my stock will go down if you’re not productive.

Cant learn cursive or how to drive a stick on youtube. The only manual transmissions on you tube are from fast and the furious and have 30 gears they can go through in a 5 minute 1/4 mile. Grin

some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
KI7RS

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »

If you can learn how to fix your furnace and program a DMR radio on YouTube, you can learn cursive and how to operate a stick. Don’t forget that they never stop for gas in Fast and the Furious, they they won’t learn how to pump gas Smiley
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2019, 09:26:11 AM »

If you can learn how to fix your furnace and program a DMR radio on YouTube, you can learn cursive and how to operate a stick.

Indeed, one can learn almost anything from YouTube videos. Most recently I've learned how to repair a friend's gas dryer and a dozen ways to apply Double Wrist locks.   Smiley
KI7RS

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »

If you can learn how to fix your furnace and program a DMR radio on YouTube, you can learn cursive and how to operate a stick.

Indeed, one can learn almost anything from YouTube videos. Most recently I've learned how to repair a friend's gas dryer and a dozen ways to apply Double Wrist locks.   Smiley

Was the dryer not getting hot? That’s the problem I fixed thanks to YouTube.  Spoiler alert it’s an easy to replace sensor. 
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »

Was the dryer not getting hot? That’s the problem I fixed thanks to YouTube.  Spoiler alert it’s an easy to replace sensor. 

Right, it would run but not get hot. It was the thermal fuse, which appears to have failed because they allowed the dryer outlet to clog with lent. Thanks YouTube!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: