The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I AM OBSOLETE  (Read 6153 times)
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 02:53:24 AM »

His real call is KH8AC. Read his self-inflicted bio on QRZ.com.

I tried, honestly I tried. I can't make heads nor tails of it. Random and incorrect punctuation, every other word an abbreviation, run on sentences... I can't quite figure it out. Other than the basic gist of being somewhat bitter and troubled, but I can understand medical issues causing a lot of that, hell yes.

Mike
N0TLD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:55:27 AM by N0TLD » Logged
KA1VF

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »

I'm curious about Gary's current license (General) class verses vanity callsign format?
 He was originally KB1BZR (non vanity), then WL7WO (vanity), now KH8AC (vanity).

Question: I thought that the 2X2 callsign formats (Group B) were still reserved for
                  Advanced class and Extra class. If not, then why not.

73, and Happy New Year
                       Bob
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »

I'm curious about Gary's current license (General) class verses vanity callsign format?
 He was originally KB1BZR (non vanity), then WL7WO (vanity), now KH8AC (vanity).

Question: I thought that the 2X2 callsign formats (Group B) were still reserved for
                  Advanced class and Extra class. If not, then why not.

73, and Happy New Year
                       Bob

2x2 calls with a KH8, NH8, or WH8 prefix are Group C in American Samoa.  2x2 calls with an AH8 prefix are Group B.

https://www.fcc.gov/amateur-call-sign-systems

He speaks fluent PSK31, in FT8...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
K1QQQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 02:56:35 AM »

Ahhhhhh...I have been away but I made the original post as an experiment.

Controversial opinions ? Welcome ?

In a democracy differing opinions might be welcome.

As my opinion ALL things amateurs used to do are obsolete now. (an opinion of the new crowd)

Here is an example of desires of another CLUB in Connecticut.

(seems interesting)

Installation of a Radio Telescope to view and map the hydrogen line in the solar system and galaxy

Construction of a directional antenna for communications with satellites, the International Space Station and experimental high altitude balloons

Upgrade of the current HF antenna and installation on the north Nike Tower

Upgrade the rig in the ham shack to a Kenwood TX2000x or the Icom 9100 for satellite/high altitude balloon tracking

The ability to allow our licensed members to use HF via the internet

Installation of an SDR receiver available to our members via the internet.

I bet all that is 'null and void' and now the only thing practical is maybe another repeater where people can chit-chat at times.(nothing about the radio hobby) Dinners and Breakfasts.

Bash me for my observations and opinions.  You all think Amateur Radio is alive and well ? What are all these ARRL changes now ?

I enjoy the hobby and try to promote it. Terrible ? Survival is the Tech crowd really interested in nothing 'radio' ? I am taking a broad view not trying to insult any individual. Normally Amateur Radio has endless factions of interest to pursue..yes..

As I will say ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;   observe the local population and how many are involved in a local club, etc. Several ?

Bash me BUT you think Amateur Radio is alive and well in the future ? geeezzz  I just gave out some opinions....

It is totally possible for Amateur Radio to be gone totally upcoming. Powerful interests want the spectrum. RFI became legal. Antennas outlawed.

Take a TECH test and live at EHAM censoring controversial opinions.

Spend all your energy censoring me and investigating me. Why not take the energy trying to preserve the hobby ? All is well and wonderful.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:19:48 AM by K1QQQ » Logged
K2BEW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 09:50:53 AM »

Spend all your energy censoring me and investigating me. Why not take the energy trying to preserve the hobby ? All is well and wonderful.

Exactly! YOU answered your own original post. Clubs and Amateur radio are what YOU make it. Instead of complaining about it (like you do) then start getting involved and making it better!
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »

An "experiment"?

Cripes, how full of yourself can you get?

I can't really make much sense of anything you're trying to say, beyond your general disregard for what **you** perceive to be the state of modern amateur radio. But as you just pointed out yourself (in your stilted and indirect way), this hobby is what you make of it. If you don't like it, leave it.

Otherwise I suggest you adjust your attitude and start a positive, active participation in those aspects of the hobby you enjoy, and simply ignore those that you don't enjoy.

As for censoring and investigating you... um, what the hell are you talking about?

As I wrote previously, I can't really make much sense out of your little experiment (for what?) other than to just assume you're trolling.

But I will add that since all of life is indeed what you make of it, I have no problem agreeing with your initial sentiment -- you ARE obsolete.

Good riddance to that crappy attitude.

Mike
N0TLD
AJ3O

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »

HEY! I want back that 5 minutes of my life that I just lost reading through this "Experiment".

Seriously, I was just thinking of how lucky I am to belong to such a spectacular club here!
Great people make up our membership of 100 + strong. I was actually starting to feel bad for the OP and others with the same sentiments......

This experiment was lost on this happy and lucky HAM!

AJ3O
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 05:57:36 PM »

Exactly! YOU answered your own original post. Clubs and Amateur radio are what YOU make it. Instead of complaining about it (like you do) then start getting involved and making it better!

+1.
IMO he sounds like another "idea guy" who wants others to do that for him.
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 03:57:45 AM »

Comedy Gold right here folks...enjoy!
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Maybe E-Ham should have a Safe Space Forum.

That's pretty good!

Roll Eyes
K4PIH

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »

I also have a GI problem but I use it to my advantage! If I were in your position, I would go to the club that seemed standoffish and let them enjoy!
KD1W

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »

I guess it all depends on where you live.  I believe that radio is alive and well, morse code use is on the rise, and all is well with the hobby!   Smiley

Of course, the majority of my involvement is at my own house on the radio.  There are a couple of local clubs that I could interact with at any time and be welcomed.  They do call upon me to help with VE activities when needed.  Maybe it's because I get a haircut every so often? : )
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 06:00:44 AM »

Does it really matter how many folks are active or not, just turn on your own equipment, get on and enjoy.  Their loss if their don't use or enjoy the hobby as intended....as to clubs "shop around".  Not all clubs fit your shoe size...likely there are many around your area...visit, talk, ask and enjoy....Good Luck!
KD9MRX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll well what did we learn this is the question?
Could someone recap this as I am not so much confused confused confused  Grin
KD9MRX
73's
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 07:32:04 AM »

...well what did we learn this is the question?
Could someone recap this as I am not so much confused confused confused  Grin

We didn't learn much but did receive a lesson in pessimism.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: